JeezyCreezy

Server won't load OpenWarfare 2-Mod configs

Posted (edited)

Hi guys,

I'm playing for a very long time now, but I'm fairly new to the "hosting-game" and I'm kind of stuck now.

So, I set up an ubuntu server and successfully run Cod4x with an Open Warfare 2 Mod on it. But it doesn't seem to load the config files from my mod folder, (where you can modify advancedacp.cfg, gameplay cfgs, health.cfg, hud.cfg, etc).

Could someone please tell me, what I exactly have to do, to load these configs, so I do not have to play the vanilla, softcore version of the OpenWarfare2 Mod?

thank you!

Edited by JeezyCreezy

You should have a configs directory in MoD root.  mod/configs/server/advancedacp.cfg for example. Everything is in there.

They also need to be exec'd from you main server.cfg 'exec configs/openwarfare.cfg'

The openwarfare.cfg will exec all inside that you want and looks like this.

1698327811_2022-01-0921_26_25-C__Users_macca_AppData_Local_Temp_scp26130_home_cod4server_main-server-files_mod.png.59032cfc7a3a50a2cdd91fd46379077c.png

Posted (edited)

First of all, thanks for replying!

As you said, I do have a directory with all the configs and the openwarfare.cfg in my /mods directory.

The server.cfg is located in the /cod4/main directory. So, all I have to do is write the "exec /home/servers/cod4/openwarfare/configs/openwarfare.cfg" at the very end of server.cfg in the /main directory like this?:

1.JPG.65191b91a179e5a168c686b7b0411be5.JPG

I already tried that and it didn't work.

Or is there also something wrong with my start.sh file, since it ignores my +set sv_maxclient 12 command?

2.thumb.JPG.c0070ae1d1dffe68e4b477660768d934.JPG

Edited by JeezyCreezy

Put exec server after setting the mod and before map rotate. So as to set the relative path before trying to find the file. See if that helps.

Be sure server.cfg is in the top level openwarfare mod folder (with the ff and iwds). Sub folders and files are relative to its location and it where it looks for the config folder and openwarefare.cfg. Openwarefare.cfg looks for all other configs relative to that.

Just a note, change your mod name to something unique so it doesnt potentially conflict with another server. Its quite possible that a particular player visited a different server that didnt change the basic name ("openwarfare") and already has a mod named that. "Jezzys_OW2" or something like that. Also perhaps the version. 1.43 or 1.45 etc. Some people dont like the earlier one or later one. Recommend you also change server.cfg to a random string of characters. Just for a minor bit of extra security.

• Like 2