Recommended Posts

Hi, sorry to be dense, but I would like to use Rcon to manage the server.

Is there a specific version I need?
I'm on a Windows platform.
Also, I hate to post something that's already been asked and answered but I don't see a search feature in the Questions forum.

Thanks!
Maxx Powr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To manage it is not necessary to use an external program lately, you can do it from the game using the following commands

 

Rcon login passwordsv // log in to the game console as administrator

Rcon status // view player lists

Rcon getss 1 // take a screenshot of the player in that example it would be player number 1 (with rcon status you get all the number of players, ip, id, etc)

Rcon banclient 1 // drool when playing number 1 to give a reason is the same add do at the end the reason (rcon banclient 1 hacker)

Rcon kick 1 // kick player number 1 as above you can read the reason (rcon kick 1 afk)

Rcon say message to say // send a message from the console

Rcon map mp_crash // change map

Rcon g_gametype dm // change game type

Those are some commands

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are a couple of 'very ancient' RCON Tools. 

HLSW and CoDRconTool13 

RCON Tools.rar

I personally don't use but I know people that still do and they do the job if that's an easier way for you to do it. As @JeeNNN:] described is a better way. B3 is also another option or for best of all use NeHo's CoD4XWebAdmin.  See Here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you both!

I like rcon because other people can manage the server. I won't always be available and it makes having other admins easier if they have the password.

I'll try the old one first. I clicked the link for NeHo's Cod4xWebAdmin and I don't see it anywhere to download, but it's probably me.

Thanks again for offering your help.

Maxx Powr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HackUsersRLosers said:

Thank you both!

I like rcon because other people can manage the server. I won't always be available and it makes having other admins easier if they have the password.

I'll try the old one first. I clicked the link for NeHo's Cod4xWebAdmin and I don't see it anywhere to download, but it's probably me.

Thanks again for offering your help.

Maxx Powr

Neho's cod4xwebadmin  its not for a windows system its for Linux systems 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

Tried to download and install the old version, but it says the archive won't open. RconTools13.

Looking for an old version. Seems like there are other options out there. Try, try again.

Thank you.

Maxx Powr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RCON TOOL 13 is running fine, but make sure to start 'CoD RconTool.exe' instead of 'CoDRconTool13.exe'. Both exe files are in the programs main folder.

RCON_Tool.rar

Edited by -|DeD|-BiT
attached running RCON TOOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okly dokly. I tried just the rcontool.exe and it gave me an error message about a missing component, so i clicked on CodRcontool13.exe and it installed the program. Now when I click rcontool, it does sort of work.

The connected test works, but it's looking for Punkbuster for ingame chat. Pretty sure cod4x says to disable punkbuster. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Maxx Powr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2021 at 8:56 PM, wkuzma said:

Neho's cod4xwebadmin  its not for a windows system its for Linux systems 

 @wkuzma  Missed he was on Windows platform!! Sorry Ninja 😛

HLSW is better than the 'CoD RconTool although to be fair both are garbage, old, laggy and there are better options. !! The best way to do all is in console as JeeNNN said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2021 at 9:38 PM, -|DeD|-BiT said:

RCON TOOL 13 is running fine, but make sure to start 'CoD RconTool.exe' instead of 'CoDRconTool13.exe'. Both exe files are in the programs main folder.

RCON_Tool.rar 30.58 MB · 6 downloads

Well the one I uploaded works fine too. Just double click on CoDRconTool13.exe  lol. But hey. What do I know 😝

Edited by ={FMJ}=Smiley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2021 at 6:19 PM, JeeNNN:] said:

To manage it is not necessary to use an external program lately, you can do it from the game using the following commands

 

Rcon login passwordsv // log in to the game console as administrator

Rcon status // view player lists

Rcon getss 1 // take a screenshot of the player in that example it would be player number 1 (with rcon status you get all the number of players, ip, id, etc)

Rcon banclient 1 // drool when playing number 1 to give a reason is the same add do at the end the reason (rcon banclient 1 hacker)

Rcon kick 1 // kick player number 1 as above you can read the reason (rcon kick 1 afk)

Rcon say message to say // send a message from the console

Rcon map mp_crash // change map

Rcon g_gametype dm // change game type

Those are some commands

Dumb it down for me doc.  Do you enter these commands in console of the Windows client or the server console? If there is a link, please let me know.  Thanks.
Maxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this may confuse you but cod4x has built in admin commands which I could not find on the cod4x web site

you can try the following to activate it BUT YOU MUST HAVE STEAM RUNNING IN THE BACKGROUND or they will not work!

after you make yourself an admin you can make others an admin as long as they have steam running in the background

to use the admin secton you first have to make yourself and admin

password below is your rcon password

use /rcon login password to login to rcon

then type /rcon ademinaddadmin your name and power
example /rcon adminaddadmin flywheel 100 (can be a number between 1 and 100 with 100 being like a superadmin) make sure you give yourself 100

after that all admin commands are done in chat starting with $ at the command begining
so $status done in chat is a valid command that is done by those with power 100
$cmdlist  in chat will show what you can do as an admin or a non admin (note the power is 1 for that command)
$getss power needed is 45 in my example
$getss flywheel will take a screenshot of flywheel
$getss all will take a screenshot of everyone in the server
$map_rotate takes the power of 100
$map_rotate will rotate the maps
these are just examples of how to use the commands
in a text editor look at nvconfig_v3.dat in your cod4x directory for the admin commands

here is some of what the file on my system looks like (yours will or may be different)

looking at the below the power for my adminaddadmin is 95  so any admin made with power 95 can make an admin

the power needed for $status is 100 so only those with power 100 can use that

$cmdlist has a power of 1 so anyone can use it and it will show what they can do

\power\95\cmd\AdminAddAdmin\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\status\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\1\cmd\cmdlist\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\45\cmd\getss\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\consay\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\1\cmd\stats\type\cmdMinPower\
\power\100\cmd\map_rotate\type\cmdMinPower\

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2021 at 1:18 PM, wkuzma said:

then type /rcon ademinaddadmin your name and power

note I typed this wrong  its adminaddadmin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must be incredibly dense...but first:

I have 2 accounts on Steam, 1 for the game, and 1 for the server.

Do I have to login from the game on the Server account?

I tried the rcon commands in game in my client and it seems like it took them, but nothing happened. status did nothing.

Thanks again. Like to read Sci-Fi? Let me know.

Maxx Powr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HackUsersRLosers said:

I must be incredibly dense...but first:

I have 2 accounts on Steam, 1 for the game, and 1 for the server.

Do I have to login from the game on the Server account?

I tried the rcon commands in game in my client and it seems like it took them, but nothing happened. status did nothing.

Thanks again. Like to read Sci-Fi? Let me know.

Maxx Powr

first you only need steam on your game computer running in the background (your steam name should appear when you join your server) 

join your game and login to rcon by opening the console (shift ~ ) then type ---   /rcon login your-rcon-password  

next in console type /rcon adminaddadmin your name 100

scroll to the bottom of the console and you should see if it took or it will show what the error was and tell you what you need.

I use the mouse wheel to scroll the screen

as for steam on the game server I use ubuntu to run my servers and never had to install steam to run them.

if all went well you should see all the commands when you type $cmdlist in the console or in chat but in chat it will scroll so fast and you will have to open the console to see it by scrolling to the bottom,

Hope that helps you or anyone else

also after your an admin you do not have to use rcon anymore just $ and the command

Edited by wkuzma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one command I like is $undercover which is used when your in spectate and it makes you invisible to all in the server as long as you stay in spectate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

btw, you dont have to be on the server to execute rcon commands. you can login to rcon with the ip.

 

iirc the syntax is /rcon login <password> <ip>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Viking said:

btw, you dont have to be on the server to execute rcon commands. you can login to rcon with the ip.

 

iirc the syntax is /rcon login <password> <ip>

what happens if you run multi server on different ports as I do?

as for an answer I am only curious since I use Neho's Cod4xwebadmin which has an rcon window for each server.

Edited by wkuzma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Found the correct commands again

 

First

/rcon host <address>

where address is your server ip and port

Second
/rcon login <password>

 

And that's it, then you can use the rcon commands just like you would do when you joined the server to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.