HackUsersRLosers

Thanks for all of this!

Hi,

Just joined, and I wanted to thank you for making all of this. I can't believe this has been going on (behind my back.) I had a server when COD4 came out but it seemed everyone moved on, so I shut it down. Recently I put up a COD4x server (Maxx Powr's Crouch) server at the request of my MW3 friends. (Yes, I know many hate crouch. Bring on the hate, I'm used to it.)

I've been playing on an MW3 crouch server for a few years now with people who have become friends, simply by shooting them in the face repeatedly. Who knew that was how you made friends. Granted, it's unorthodox but it works.

I'm only learning and finally got the server to work, mostly. I don't understand mods and scripts, can't get anything to load without errors, but that's nothing new. At least the server is up.

So, thanks for what must have taken years of work.

Maxx Powr

Here is a sample nginx conf what I use, maybe for someone gonna get useful:

server {
    listen 80;
    listen [::]:80;

server_name <yourdomain.com>; # Replace this with your domain, as you want, prefer a subdomain, something like: fastdl.domain.tld
    root /home/<user>/cod4; # The root folder of the cod4 directory, replace the PATH with yours.

location / {
        # Try to serve file directly, fallback to front controller, deny all access.
        deny all;
    }

location ~* "\.(ff|iwd)$" {
    # Add or remove all the extensions you need. Obviously we allow only .ff and .iwd files to download, so no config files are obtainable.
        allow all;
    }

error_log /var/log/nginx/fastdl_error.log;
    access_log /var/log/nginx/fastdl_access.log;
}