Sign in to follow this  
praz

Any chance of patch notes or announcement for updates to the mod?

CoD4x has gotten a lot of updates since its release, which is great and the work on the mod is appreciated, but I would also appreciate if some form of info was given regarding what is changed with each update. I may have just not seen info regarding updates but under 'Announcements' in the forum I can't see any posts regarding the recent updates to inform players what changes have been made. I think this has contributed to players, myself included, having to figure out what has been changed by asking others, such as in regards to skins being banned or raw inputs default value being changed.

To be clear I am not necessarily against these changes, but I think its important people are able to find information regarding these changes on the cod4x site.

Additionally, I think it would also be a good idea to offer community input on upcoming changes so people can voice their opinions on them. I think changes to the mod, especially given it is a mod for such an old game, should only be implemented once feedback has been received from the community through a forum post or poll.

Interested to hear what your thoughts are :)

• Like 1

Agreed. I'm asking for that for some time too. I would really like to just update my servers when a REALLY STABLE version be released. At least that.

Sadly in the lasted major releases we are having lots of problems which we don't used to have on ALL updates from a few years ago and back.

Don't get me wrong, put yourself in the place of the players that don't understand anything about what you are doing, they just want to play, and when they try they are receiving very weird errors and sometimes even can't play anymore. This will make most of them or gonna play vanilla COD4 or another game and never ever comeback to COD4X because they will think it's a buggy mod.

Hope you understand the damage you are doing to your own COD4X community.

Maybe just make more tests will avoid all these problems.

Cheers

Both client and server are now open sourced on github so you can always take a look what has changed. From top of my head changelog for 20.x:

• Configurable backend services (this will be extremely important soon)
  • Raw mouse input option
  • Fixed a bug involving loading of assets 

21 hours ago, Hajas said:

Agreed. I'm asking for that for some time too. I would really like to just update my servers when a REALLY STABLE version be released. At least that.

Sadly in the lasted major releases we are having lots of problems which we don't used to have on ALL updates from a few years ago and back.

Don't get me wrong, put yourself in the place of the players that don't understand anything about what you are doing, they just want to play, and when they try they are receiving very weird errors and sometimes even can't play anymore. This will make most of them or gonna play vanilla COD4 or another game and never ever comeback to COD4X because they will think it's a buggy mod.

Hope you understand the damage you are doing to your own COD4X community.

Maybe just make more tests will avoid all these problems.

Cheers

I could be wrong but I believe that because a lot of changes, such as banning skins, are server side, I think even if u go back to 1.7 cod4 you will still be affected by these changes.

18 hours ago, leiizko said:

Both client and server are now open sourced on github so you can always take a look what has changed. From top of my head changelog for 20.x:

• Configurable backend services (this will be extremely important soon)
  • Raw mouse input option
  • Fixed a bug involving loading of assets 

I am not really familiar with github, could you link the url for the changelog.

I found the client section of cod4x:

https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Client_pub

But I can't find a changelog.

That being said I still think there should be a thread for changelog/patch notes so people can give insight on changes made.

• Like 1

The changelog there is not updated for years sadly. There's no actual an updated version of changelog, at least not public.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:16 AM, Fraggy said:

It is there now.

Hey thanks for adding that. I'm not familiar with github so I can't find it, do you mind linking me the url or taking a pic of it where it is located on the github?