Tried with NE mod SnD, mp_farm, rain sounds are there for me after several rounds also. Check out on my server if you want to try out.

On 8/22/2021 at 4:21 AM, AlexC said:

Tried with NE mod SnD, mp_farm, rain sounds are there for me after several rounds also. Check out on my server if you want to try out.

doesn't make any sense just ALL the 3 mods that I play and the original ModWarfare start to have this issue after 20.X updates and other don't, if works STILL an update problem, not a mod/server issue. Something is killing the ambient sound (ambientplay function) at the very end of each round!

I also found new sync problems in sequential code, which were working perfect for over 10 years without a single problem but now are getting crazy results. We had this problem before in other sequential code and I was forced to add "waits" to make sure to run in sequentional order. Problem is back!

The Undead Players bug comeback harder than 19.X versions, we are having this problem 1 time in each 3 maps played. 

I think you are going too far and causing more problems in each update than real goods sadly. I'm afraid that you are going into a wrong direction.

@AlexC give me your server that I need to try it with my own ears.

Thank you

Well, tested in another PC and connected at 3 random servers running search & destroy, all are without the ambient sound after first round. 

the AmbientPlay functions it's ALWAYS killed at the end of the round. Maybe the cause is bad sync like the other problems I'm finding.

Is impossible that your server have the ambient sound, maybe you are not understand what Ambient Sound is. Is that MP3 file played in loop in background in every map. It's located inside the map .gsc file and run fine at the first round, but is cut at the very end of EVERY round and didn't restart in the next round as supposed.

Make a video like I did to prove me wrong please.

Check on the original version of the server 1.7

I think this problem has been there before

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, gurinov said:

Check on the original version of the server 1.7

I think this problem has been there before

No, I'm 100% sure that was perfect until 20.X updates. Maybe it's a Client problem instead of Server? Or even BOTH!

Edited by Hajas

@AlexC give me your server that I need to try it with my own ears.

cod4.ax-servers.hu:28962

On 8/24/2021 at 4:57 AM, AlexC said:

cod4.ax-servers.hu:28962

just tested, SAME problem... dead at the very end of the round.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:47 PM, Hajas said:

just tested, SAME problem... dead at the very end of the round.

Dead at the very end... Do we talk about the one second during fast_restart?

7 hours ago, Fraggy said:

Dead at the very end... Do we talk about the one second during fast_restart?

No @Fraggy, no fast restart here, just next round... here the video again:

https://youtu.be/Rxe3fBxBN4U?t=287

I thought at first was caused by the slow motion of final killcam because it's when happening, but happens exact the same without final killcam or any other server. Have no idea about why is causing this, also all the bad sync problems started to have with 20.X.

Something is very wrong with the new updates.

Next round is fast restart. I can hear the ambient gone in your video but that is with your own mod and map combo, get us a video of this happening on other server (AX for example) and maybe we can find the issue.

Also what kind of syncing are you talking about? I don't get it what kind of syncing are you trying to do on non-parallel code execution.

Posted (edited)

@leiizkois NOT relative of my 3 mods or any map, like I said above I tryed 3 random servers with/without mods, SAME problem. Also tryed the @AlexCserver which has no mods, SAME problem. I can make a video, but will be exactly like the ones I already posted.I would like to see ANY video showing this is working outhere instead, and if it's working, it's a problem with the client update, and we need to figure out why ALL my 5 PCs that I tested and having the SAME problem.

Sadly since it's a different protocol, I can not test if is a client or server (or both) problem, if it was possible to connect with 20.X client on 19.4 servers, will be easy to know that.

About the desync I noticed 2 weird things:

1. In Rio you can play as a dog in third person using a command which will only works after 5 secods after you spawn. So everytime your respawn I set thirdperson to false to you not play as a soldier in thirdperson. But then when you become a dog (after the 5 secs wait) I set third person to true after change your playermodel. Now the problem is : or the third peson is not reset at respawn, or the third person are not set right after become a dog. So a player play as a dog but in FIRST person. This started with 20.X update, and is not 100% of times, 60% of times works fine.

2. When you retrieve an object in a gametype give a score to the team than remove the 3D marker of the object then this object is exclued from the game. After 20.X update 1 in each 5 retrieves the score and object is removed from game as supposed, but not the 3D marker. Seams I will be forced to add a wait before delete it now. I had this problem before in other stuff you changed in the server few years ago, then I was forced to create a var to control the sequence and allow the code to continue only if I have this var set after a wait. Both CODES are simple sequentional and working for YEARS before COD4X updates start do causing this. Is like something is causing a extra time of processing at some points, causing out of sync.

Again, is NOT a mod/map problem, just move back to 19 and everything is great again.

Edited by Hajas

Are you doing stuff in different script-threads but you expect the order when which script-thread executes can be predicted by you?

Well the threads are just pseudo threads and will execute never parallel. But they are not supposed to get executed in a specific order.

If that is the case you should really rework your code and make use of proper signaling between threads or avoid them all together.

17 hours ago, Fraggy said:

Are you doing stuff in different script-threads but you expect the order when which script-thread executes can be predicted by you?

Well the threads are just pseudo threads and will execute never parallel. But they are not supposed to get executed in a specific order.

If that is the case you should really rework your code and make use of proper signaling between threads or avoid them all together.

if were THREADS I would agree with you, but they are NOT THREADS, but sequentional command lines.

Works from COD4 1.0 until COD4X 19.X but it's a problem with my code because with 20.X updates is causing weird behaviors? Do you really think this possible @Fraggy?

We did not change script related stuff recently. So I have no explanation for this.

Is your script problem related to fast_restarts but not appearing directly after a full restart?

The out of sync problems occurs during the gameplay ramdomly at any time.

The ambientplay function will stop at the very end of the first round, and will become dead until next map. Happens 100% of times, any map, any mod, no mods and any server.

Something was made that is causing extra time in some background processing causing the out of sync. You need to remove the upgrades part by part and testing until find what was done that is causing this.

I have done something that could have impact after first fast_restart. But as you say it is already starting at the end first round, it can not be that. If your scripts are depending on execution time, then it is something you have to fix.

These scripts are REGULAR and SEQUENTIAL as always, nothing different...  and it's happening also in DEFAULT game without ANY mod. It's not a problem with my mod.

Yesterday I saw that a loop song will restart also when the AmbientPlay function is killed at the end of first round, this wasn't supposed to happen too. The loop should continue until CHANGE in fact the round, not at the scoreboard at the end of the round.

Hope that might also help you identify why the 20.X are killing the audio at the very end of the first round as in the BOTH videos I posted above (one wasn't even recorded by myself).

14 hours ago, Fraggy said:

I have done something that could have impact after first fast_restart. But as you say it is already starting at the end first round, it can not be that. If your scripts are depending on execution time, then it is something you have to fix.

Check further about this! I bet is the problem aside you think is not, but probably it is! Can't be just coincidence I believe.

Yesterday playing Frontlines we got the error of 1000 xmodes limits exceeded when playing the map District.

Since Fronltines NEVER ever had this problem before even with COD4 or COD4X 19.X, I supposed that 20.X added at least one new xmodel.

I don't run the server with the extra features, and I believe will fix this problem.

But how many xmodels were added into 20.X? Could we have a list? And of course a good reason for adding new xmodels in the core?

IMO this should be in mods not in the core. Saw that iwd with lots of "new things" are there, when all of this should be in mods. Why not make a MOD to add to COD4X instead of modding the core? Each update is killing all the other mods around, and if this continue we will have the same fate as AlterIW.net clones sadly.

Please, don't add this stuff to COD4X core, if you want to add new killstreaks, etc... create a new mod instead.

28 minutes ago, Hajas said:

But how many xmodels were added into 20.X?

None. I doubt any of the changes caused any of the problems you have since vast majority of your issues are just plain random.

1 hour ago, leiizko said:

None. I doubt any of the changes caused any of the problems you have since vast majority of your issues are just plain random.

Something is causing this error in 20.X versions. And is not random, are happening 100% of times with the exception of out of sync.

Look, these are facts:

. 20.X have at least one more xmodel than 19.X or the test to give that msg is broken in 20.X (or something related to this are causing this error)

. AmbientPlay function is KILLED at the end of the round.Any mod! Any server! Also kills ANY loop sound ingame making them restart at the same point, but AmbientPlay will not restart until change map.

. Out of sync is the only random thing here, running sequential code without beeing sequential. But it is happening many times.

56 minutes ago, Hajas said:

. 20.X have at least one more xmodel than 19.X or the test to give that msg is broken in 20.X (or something related to this are causing this error)

Again there are no more xmodels, and even if there were it wouldn't matter. Even if you don't think so, we do in fact know what we are doing and any clientside asset patch we add into the game will NOT load if there is a mod present. In other words, the .ff and .iwd patch you are so concerned about do not exist once you start a modded server.

58 minutes ago, Hajas said:

. AmbientPlay function is KILLED at the end of the round.Any mod! Any server! Also kills ANY loop sound ingame making them restart at the same point, but AmbientPlay will not restart until change map.

Tested it again on SnD gametype with a crossfire map this time. The ambient sound ( "amb_middle_east0v7_lr.mp3" aka "ambient_crossfire" in this case ) was always present; after round end, in killcam, after killcam, after side flip and on map end. The only thing i didn't bother testing is sitting 6 mins in a single round to see if the ambient loops once the track ends within a single round but in any case this is not what you are describing as a problem.

1 hour ago, Hajas said:

. Out of sync is the only random thing here, running sequential code without beeing sequential. But it is happening many times.

As I can't see your code i can't comment on what the issue is. Most likely you just coded something wrong.

Well, all of this were working perfect since COD4 1.0 until COD4X 19.4. Then now with 20.X is broken.

Not just for me, but is happening with ALL our players, at any mod, any server, any map. If in your test works, something is different from what you have out there and players around the world have in their COD4. Your Client is the same auto-updated since the earlier version of COD4X? or it's a new fresh install? Maybe the problem is with our clients, and not the servers. But something is very wrong with 20.X.

Where's the video showing is working the sound?

About my code, any code change with the years, if a code stop to work as used to work for several years will never be the code. I can post here, but will not make any difference I believe.

8 hours ago, codowiec44 said:

If map loading if You press TAB use then You see team icons in right and left screen.
When You fix this bugs!!!

I noticed this also,  but dont press tab lol 🙂 

• Haha 1