Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Clips for bots

Hey guys,

is it possible to change the bot code so they get blocked by clip_ai but not by clip_player.

Right now they are handled like a real player and move through clip_ai but get blocked by clip_player.

Cheers

Is it the collision detection which blocks the bots?

I don't know, but i don't think so.

The clips are added to the map source in radiant.

If not, do you have an idea how to create a blocker (invisible wall - rectangle) to block one group only?

I am working on a zombie map and would like to prevent the players to go outside the playarea but still allow the bots to enter/leave at same position.

Ah sorry I miss read your initial comment. Well can you access and set the contentmask of the bot? 

It is a bitfield called contents entities have which says to what they should clip.

I really have no idea where to find that field. I also have no clue if it can be accessed or changed, that's why I came here.

You guys know the source best.

Edit: in entity.h i found the field, it's integer, but is that not just the Definition for Solid/non Solid if the model has a collmap?

Well maybe it is not what you are looking for. Try to zero it and see if that entity does still clip to anything. If yes then I assume such a thing does not exist.