Sign in to follow this  
={FMJ}=Smiley

Steam Authentication Failed

Yesterday all players on my server that had Steam running at the time whilst playing, were kicked (myself included) with the same error 'Steam Authentication Failed'

Some have the Steam game, some non Steam game..but we have Steam running because we use NeHo's webadmin. That's our authorisation. 

All have legitimate games, non cracked etc. First time this has happened. Hopefully last? Is this something anyone else has had? 

Seen this message in my server's console window quite a few times but not really paid it much attention to be honest.

Just wanted to let you know that it is not just on your server

11 hours ago, MAD_DAD said:

Seen this message in my server's console window quite a few times but not really paid it much attention to be honest.

Just wanted to let you know that it is not just on your server

Ok thanks. Has it ever kicked you from server though? 

I have seen players kicked off my server for this but as yet I haven't been kicked but I don't use steam version, mine is disc game

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MAD_DAD said:

I have seen players kicked off my server for this but as yet I haven't been kicked but I don't use steam version, mine is disc game

Mine is also the disc game not Steam. Many of the guys are the same. But if we have Steam running whilst playing this kick can still happen regardless of version.

We need Steam running to authorise ourselves to use NeHo's Webadmin. 

Edited by ={FMJ}=Smiley
Spelling

Was probably a problem with Steam servers self. As that does not happen regularly it is not something I would worry about.

• Like 1

If it happened yesterday. That's normal steam does scheduled maintenance on Tuesdays.

• Like 1

Yes it was Tuesday and as you say Fraggy never happened before and nothing to worry about. 

Thx for the replies guys. Just wondering and making sure of course 🙂