Sign in to follow this  
={FMJ}=Smiley

Black Screenshots

Hi,

I am sure that it is covered before but my search keeps giving zero results so apologies if it has been said already.

It is about the Black Screenshots and what they are exactly.

Is it someone trying to cover up their cheat? Is it something else? I ask because it seems that recently is is happening more and more. Also on a friends server they were saying the same and had noticed in the last couple of weeks that is becoming more common. 

Without knowing why or what exactly causes it it it is unfair to ban or? 

What do you guys think is best practice in this case?  

Thanks for the input.

Sometimes it was because of the operating system the error happened co. Windows 8.1 in some cases

When CoD4X screenshots was something new, one out of fifty had a legit black screenshot (just an eastimate). The black screenshots you see today frequently as you say are cheats with few exceptions. But you can not know what are the exceptions and what not.

• Like 1

I use Neho's cod4xwebadmin which automatically kicks those with black screenshots -  some times I see a player come back and the next screenshot is fine other times they come back and are kicked over and over with black screen shots until they move on

• Like 1

I also use the web admin from NeHo but I just got screenshots that are black and the player is not getting kicked. This is only happened twice I think but normally they are kicked. As you say sometimes they come back and everything is totally fine. Sometimes they are kicked again and again and again. 

As we can’t be sure I think I will just treat all the black screenshots as a cheat. If they manage to get back in and the screenshot then is fine then okay. Those players that are adamant they are not cheating can always appeal.