Sign in to follow this  
poljak07

Impure client detected. Invalid .IWD files referenced.

Hello!
Half of players have problem, they can connect to server, but next map they got kicked with reason "Impure client detected. Invalid .IWD files referenced."  even players with steam version of cod, without any editing client or adding skins in .iwd files.

I tried this, but nothing changed, they again got kicked.

set sv pure 0

Posted (edited)

Yes, I wrote sv_pure in server.cfg but misspelled here, all was fine for 2 years, but this year in February it just started to kick people, I didn't edited anything, autoupdate is on, maybe something in update?

Edited by poljak07

If they are not using any extra or modified iwd files this can also be caused by unfinished downloaded files. The players must search and remove all of them or will get this error after each map change.

but if is happening to ALL PLAYERS, should be your server that have extra/modified iwd. sv_pure will check if the clients have the SAME iwds as the server, not that they are all original. you need to check all the iwd files from your server.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hajas said:

If they are not using any extra or modified iwd files this can also be caused by unfinished downloaded files. The players must search and remove all of them or will get this error after each map change.

but if is happening to ALL PLAYERS, should be your server that have extra/modified iwd. sv_pure will check if the clients have the SAME iwds as the server, not that they are all original. you need to check all the iwd files from your server.

It's not kicking everyone on my server. l was having the problem myself and fresh main folder solved that. But l was able to join other servers though

@1off1 have problem even with steam copy of game.

Server is provided by iceops so I think game files are correct

Small problem that I also noticed. If the map changes whilst players are downloading that's when they get it. 

As soon as they try to join again they are in.  I have sv_pure set but still happens. 

2 hours ago, poljak07 said:

It is happening to me even on stock maps ( crash, strike and backlot )

Ok, 

I do not really run stock maps that much but I just noticed that it happened on a download, between map changes.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, poljak07 said:

It is happening to me even on stock maps ( crash, strike and backlot )

once have an unfinished iwd file in ANY of your maps, will give this error in ANY map change, always.

this doesn't mean the map you got errors have problems, but that you have different IWD files from the server.

like I said, you need to look for them inside each custom map folder and delete them when found.

Posted (edited)

Still getting this a lot - This is my server it is happening on. I have no altered iwd files

Lots of players visiting my server are getting this also.

={FMJ}=Smiley is correct happens when a map change is happening but I already had the mod map so wasn't the downloading that triggered it

Hajas I checked the files on the server and in my files and they are identical no unfinished iwd files so that's not the problem

If I change to sv_pure 0 then the logs show the error but nobody gets kicked but the downside is the server becomes unranked

Edited by MAD_DAD
  • Like 1

Or just stick with 19.2 server version. I had some problems with the latest release, where people gets kicked, because they were using a language pack iwd to get cyrillic characters work ingame. Make sure you update EVERY .ff and .iwd file from the zip file.

https://cod4x.me/downloads/cod4x_server-linux_19.2.zip
https://cod4x.me/downloads/cod4x_server-windows_19.2.zip

I have 19.4 (1078) but it is not happening enough for me to switch back. For now I can live with it 😊

My servers are not so busy but I can understand switching back if it is a constant thing. Would be interested in hearing how you get on @MAD_DAD 

Posted (edited)

@={FMJ}=Smiley

Been running all 3 servers with v19.2

All servers running New Experience and latest Botwarfare mods

All on sv_pure 1

Not a single kick for Unpureclient

Had to disable the server's autoupdate in the windows host file.

Now happy.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by MAD_DAD
  • Like 1

Yesterday the trouble started on our server for russian players too.

i guess they get kicked for their language iwd in main folder.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:27 PM, MAD_DAD said:

Still getting this a lot - This is my server it is happening on. I have no altered iwd files

Lots of players visiting my server are getting this also.

={FMJ}=Smiley is correct happens when a map change is happening but I already had the mod map so wasn't the downloading that triggered it

Hajas I checked the files on the server and in my files and they are identical no unfinished iwd files so that's not the problem

If I change to sv_pure 0 then the logs show the error but nobody gets kicked but the downside is the server becomes unranked

Hey MAD_DAD you are saying that most players getting kicked off on a map change? That seems weird to me. Are you also getting kicked on a map change? Are you willing to investigate it with me?

23 hours ago, MAD_DAD said:

@={FMJ}=Smiley

Been running all 3 servers with v19.2

All servers running New Experience and latest Botwarfare mods

All on sv_pure 1

Not a single kick for Unpureclient

Had to disable the server's autoupdate in the windows host file.

Now happy.

Untitled.jpg

Won't help you for too long. With version 20.0 you have to update as you should know in meantime.

3 hours ago, Viking said:

Yesterday the trouble started on our server for russian players too.

i guess they get kicked for their language iwd in main folder. 

They have home made .iwd files. It is not happening to all russian players.

Hey MAD_DAD you are saying that most players getting kicked off on a map change? That seems weird to me. Are you also getting kicked on a map change? Are you willing to investigate it with me?

Its always on map change that me and others get kicked. But I only get kicked every now and again but some players get kicked after every map change.

I am willing to investigate this with you

Won't help you for too long. With version 20.0 you have to update as you should know in meantime.

I guessed as much, I have always used the latest versions apart from now as I have lost 3 regular players over this recently.

I would really like this issue to be resolved and be back on the latest.

Posted (edited)

For info

Updated back to latest to test.

I can make it kick me for unpureclient.

When the game ends if I leave and re-join just before it rotates the map, it starts to load current map then loads next map straight after it will kick me every time for unpureclient.

I know that the players that are regularly kicked are not leaving and re-joining but some of these could have altered iwd's as it has been mentioned about language packs

I have 32 maps in my rotation and I went through them all using map_rotate 3 times (loaded 96 maps) without being kicked.

Will monitor for now

Edited by MAD_DAD