rama37

Open_Warfare2 Mod possible bug with cod4x18_dedrun

Hi! I was trying to set up a server of COD4 with the Open_Warfare2 Mod. But, when i fired it with cod4x18_dedrun its gave me this error:

Fastfile for zone 'mod' appears corrupt or unreadable. Unexpected end of stream. Missing 8 bytes.
Sys_Error: Fastfile for zone 'mod' appears corrupt or unreadable. Unexpected end of stream. Missing 8 bytes.

But if i use the cod4_lnxded executable, the server don´t  crash at that point and run ok. Of course it has the problem of "Exceeded limit of 1000 asserts..." for some maps.

Everyone have run into the same problem? For example the Mod Open_Warfare runs ok with cod4x18_dedrun but with de Open_Warfare2, it´s like "something" about the mod.ff doesn´t "like it"

Thanks!

Open Warfare 2 works with Cod4x i run it my selfe. Well there is some functions that not compatible  but 80% works fine

to avoid the 1000 asserts problem u nust run this from u commandline

linux    +set r_xassetnum material=2560 xmodel=1200 xanim=3200 image=3000 fx=1000

windows   +set r_xassetnum "material=2560 xmodel=1200 xanim=3200 image=3000 fx=1000"

Thanks for the reply! 

Actually  I use the commandline as you say, but with cod4x_lnxded, some maps (mp_crossfire, etc) gives that error but in other maps works fine.

In the case about cod4x18_dedrun. with that, it always keep crashing with the error about corrupted mod.ff. Your mod.ff is like 19432 Kb long? Just to know if we are talking about the same mod (i saw two versions of the modern_warfare2 mod). Thanks again!

Posted (edited)

there is several versions   1.3   1.4   1.44   1.45   all of thise works fine

Dont know witch one you use

Edited by Cyruz

Posted (edited)

If anyone is interested, i found the problem. I have the spanish version of COD4 and there is a .RAR of the MOD Open_Warfare2 that it has two mod.ff files; one for English version and other for Spanish.

The spanish version has exactly 8 bytes more, and that´s exactly the error i was given:

Fastfile for zone 'mod' appears corrupt or unreadable. Unexpected end of stream. Missing 8 bytes.
Sys_Error: Fastfile for zone 'mod' appears corrupt or unreadable. Unexpected end of stream. Missing 8 bytes.

So i used this file and the MOD start perfectly: it seems that with the cod4_lnxded this check is not done, that is why i could not run it, but i needed to run with the cod4x to avoid the assests error.

Anyway, its fixed now, thanks!

Edited by rama37
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Spanish version of the mod?

Dont think Ow2 mod have language pack.Someone made a own translate and put it in a .ff file obviously not so good job .Dont think it belongs to the mod at all

Edited by Cyruz

1.3 old version  is that the original file released by Sledgehammer ? i never seen a language pack for it before.But hey cool if somone put in the effort to translate

Can’t be original mod.ff.

Fastfile was edited after compilation. Fastfile has not been reassembled properly. That why you run in this issues.

• Like 1

@Fraggy if this was the case, why with the cod4_lnxded it runs ok but not with cod4x? And, i test with an english version of the game and the mod.ff that fails with the spanish version, works rigth. Of course now it is solved, but i think the mod.ff is not the problem. Anyway, thanks everyone for the help! 😊

The fastfile loader is back ported from BlackOps. And that game cares. And I don’t care when you corrupt your fastfiles with a buggy third party tool. I assume very strongly it is always the same tool since the error is always 8 bytes.

Ah ok, didn´t know about the BO behaviour, thanks (in fact i saw in github that part of the code where it is tested but didn´t understood why it is permormed). I just downloaded the mod and i found that problem, i didn´t use any third party tool, just find a version of OW2 that has two mod files, i thought may be if someone goes in the same situation, it would be useful to know that there are two version of the mod file. Thanks man!

It is not impossible to fix that fastfiles.

Procedure is like this:

Remove Iwff100 header, inflate the stream, find the 32-Bit number that appears to have roughly the length of the full stream (I think it was the first DWORD of the stream), lower the number represented by the DWORD by 8 and deflate the stream again. Readd the iwff100 header.