Sign in to follow this  
RektF8

Could not bind to a IPv4 Network Socket

I am trying to setup a server and had one running without the COD4x But other people couldn't find it i am now trying to use the cod4x server and i keep getting the same error. Could Not bind to a IPv4 Network Socket. I am new to setting up servers so i am not 100% sure i did everything right.

Probably that port what you want to use it's used already. try to add it to the launch options: +set net_ip "ip.address" +set net_port "portnumber"

If you server is crashing or something and its auto restarting, you might have a cod4x task running already while trying to start another one, it can be a common case, check your pid list, "top" for linux, and kill the old one first in case you are getting that error, or as Alex said, the port is busy already by some other app.

i am assuming that you are using your personal pc to host a server ... other players can only join if your " ip " is " public ip "
if your you using an actual server  ., dont assign any ip to server just let it be and use the servers public ip to join ....