Sign in to follow this  
Viking

Extension of an existing function

Hey guys,

I would like to change a function of cod4 which is public in the cod4x source.

What do i have to do to make the server use my modified function instead the one in the cod4x binaries?

Thanks in advance

Plugin_RemoveCommand( "name" )

Followed by:

Plugin_AddCommand

I came across this when checking some existing plugins and noticed it in b3hide.

But i think this is not what i am looking for.

The function of cod4 i would like to modify is not called by gsc or server cmd directly. (not sure how to name it, i am not a programmer)

As a short example:

https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/blob/0581a7dc6c53b834877103e5982d9c8ab845b3c3/src/scr_vm_main.c#L611

imagine i would like to add a debug print when this function finished.

But to be able to use it on any Server i would like to compile a plugin with that modification instead of compiling a custom cod4x server Binary.

I don't think plugin system allows you to do that easily. I'd guess you'd have to hook the function you want and change it there.

On 4/3/2021 at 11:51 AM, Viking said:

What do i have to do to make the server use my modified function instead the one in the cod4x binaries?

to change a function coded in C, you have to alter it, recompile the source code and use the newly compiled binary.

maybe you can tell us what you want to achieve.

I thought it would be possible with a plugin, just like replacing a gsc with gsx to tell cod4x to use the function in the plugin instead the function from source.

my goal is pretty simple, i want to remove the scoreboard when the player sends the +score command to the server and the game is not in intermission.

https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/blob/0581a7dc6c53b834877103e5982d9c8ab845b3c3/src/g_cmds.c#L708