Sign in to follow this  
jayzus77

Change player models from marines to sas normal cod4

Hi, I was wondering if someone can help me to make all maps sas vs spetsnaz, it is primarily for the player models as for example on a map like bog the marines have a huge advanatge as they are far harder to see than the axis there. I am looking the teams.gsc at setPlayerModels but having trouble getting it to work, any help is appreciated.

The problem you are facing when wanting to change models is that they are not loaded, a lot of models are packed in the map fastfile, hence when you load it you can call the wanted model, but if its not included in a different map, you can't use the same mode, so you will need to compile in all the models you want inside your mod files to be able to call them on all maps.

Of course you could also simply replace the USMC textures with something else. A lot of them around.

To be clear, I would like to do it server side if that is possible. Also my server it not running an actual mod, just slightly modified vanilla cod4 gsc scripts. If it simply is not possible then np

try assigning model to each player after spawned.  

self detachAll();
	self setModel("body_mp_usmc_assault");
	self attach("head_mp_usmc_tactical_mich", "", true);
	self setViewmodel("viewmodel_base_viewhands");
	self.voice = "american";

but after death the model will come back to normal.. so check for death and reassign model to player when respawned

i think it is the solution