Sign in to follow this  
I'm Slim Shady

stuck at 144fps

hey guys, 

im getting back into playing promod but i cant cap my  game at 250fps?

its  stuck on 144 fps. i have a 144hz monitor but vsync, both ingame and in the nvidea drivers are turned off.

i have completely reinstalled cod4 and cod4x and i cant seem to find the problem. does anyone know what to do? im really lost.

thanks!

Felix

Be sure that r_vsnyc¸is set to 0 in console, while you are in the game, if its 0 and you still don't have it unlocked actually try r_fullscreen 0 and then vid_restart, I am having issues where I cant have monitor refresh rate on fullscreen, just in windowed(fullscreen) mode. There could also be some windows settings interfering.

5 minutes ago, Kreator said:

Be sure that r_vsnyc¸is set to 0 in console, while you are in the game, if its 0 and you still don't have it unlocked actually try r_fullscreen 0 and then vid_restart, I am having issues where I cant have monitor refresh rate on fullscreen, just in windowed(fullscreen) mode. There could also be some windows settings interfering.

this   fixed it for me!

thanks so much!

You're welcome, the only downside is that you can't control the gamma when in windowed mode, I find it a bit too dark often, and the gpu is always rendering the game if you alt tab as well but it works.