Viking

Bots mantle

Hey,

I am not sure if bots are a modding or server thing, so i post it here. (Please move it when I am wrong)

Real players go crouch automatically when there is no space to mantle in stand.

I noticed that for mantling bots the stance is always "stand", no matter where they try to mantle at.

This makes them stuck where real players just go crouch and continue their movement.

Here is an example of a window in my custom map.

Zwischenablage01.thumb.jpg.1e77151fcc45ef5af9b9554d9b91cf15.jpgZwischenablage02.jpg.9c225db355745c7b5a554781b10f6445.jpg

You can easily reproduce that behaviour on overgrown at the half destroyed building next to the bridge.

Is that an issue of the bots (cod4x source) or something i have to fix manually in my bot.gsc?

I assume it is something that happens usually on client side. No idea how this can be improved.

Posted (edited)

I passed with this problem here too. In fact they can go Crouch and Prone without problems, but can't do that inside a window/hole that they can NOT pass in stand position. 

So if a players leave the window/hole in Crouch position the bot will stuck there.

For now I removed all paths wich passes through those kinds of window/holes in the maps.

Would be great if fixed in the future.

Cheers

Edited by Hajas

Might need to be tested a bit, but you can force the bot to crouch when mantling.

mantleForceCrouch()
{
	self endon("game_ended");
	self endon("disconnect");

while(true)
	{
		if(self IsMantling())
		{
			self botaction("+gocrouch");
			wait 0.05;
			self botaction("-gocrouch");
		}
		wait 0.05;
	}
}

It can also be done through server source https://github.com/Spikeyy/CoD4x_Server/blob/bot-mantle/src/sv_main.c#L4090

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

your gsc solution works.

i have to admit that my solution would have contained some traces to go crouch when there is something blocking only.

but i tested your solution and the animation is the same - so no need for further traces and investigations of the mantle.

• Like 1