Sign in to follow this  
Brenden

New update effecting name changes

The new update for CoD4X isn't allowing players to change their name. Example: My in game name was " [G] Kiaat " before the update as I've been working on a recruitment challenge. Sometime yesterday I was given the update as it is needed for the server that I play on my name was force changed to " Kiaat " I've tried numerous times changing the name through the multiplayer option back to " [G] Kiaat " as well as other names such as " Gen Kiaat " "KiaatsWorld" and various other versions only for it to automatically change back to "Kiaat" once I load into a server. I thought maybe it was just the server and every server I tried connecting to provided the same results.

negative. has been like this for years. however, using steam names only can be disabled by the server.

You have to disable steam when playing if you want to control your name via cod4, or change steam name if the server is using steam names, server owners can disable steam names however.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kreator said:

You have to disable steam when playing if you want to control your name via cod4, or change steam name if the server is using steam names, server owners can disable steam names however.

That's so strange as I've always kept Steam open when playing CoD4 (since purchasing on PC) and I've never encountered this problem until I updated CoD4X last night. However changing my steam name resolved my problem.