Kinsley-Snow

COD4MW is dead. why not just stop the updates and shut down so the players can forcibly move on?

call of duty 4 MW is a dead game with less than 12 percent player activity. i think its high time for everyone to move on to bigger better things. shutting down cod4x will be the first step in eradicating the drug like addiction the players have with this ancient game. its time to shut down cod4x and begin a new chapter in gaming somewhere else. its okay if i get backlash for this but it would just prove my point. good day to you all

I wouldn't even mind the post if you continued the tone with bigger and better things in your life, but by saying "rather move to a new game" instead of doing something for yourself properly you are just suggesting that you know what's best for everyone else, to each his own. Cheers!

Very simple. Do you enjoy occasionally playing the game, or do you not. Once in awhile I pull out a few MAME games even though many if not most of the ones I play are probably older than you are. Also CoD4 players these days tend to be older and wiser without all the obnoxious kiddies others like MW2019 are full of.

Oh, and do you listen for example to Dark Side of Moon? Released in 1973? Something that after all this time is still better than most anything else around? Or is that album much too old and we should all move on to Britney Spears? Yuk. One is great music to enjoy. The other is noise.

That said, when my mod is finally done to the point where its stable I will be focusing more on unreal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

And what about you can move on whereever you want, and let everyone decide what to do?

I don't think so. It's not a dead game, at least not in my side of the world. Yeah, it's an old game but I see a huge activity in my servers. It's the basic, easy to play, supported on low end PC game. I'm rather waiting for the update 19.0 that was supposed to come on July but perhaps have been delayed. 

• Like 1

Are we also considering this is a passion project for some who want to make it easier on other people.

This forum post is pure ignorance of other people enjoying things. 

My cod4x servers will stay up as long as I get at least one player per day (I average more then that) so I do not feel that cod4x is dead.

unknown.png

Ahh yes, very dead. Anyway, I know for VSG anyway, we do it to enhance our knowledge in stuff that we normally wouldn't touch in our daily work lifes.

The community is there too. As much as I hate some of our admins, we're such a good team and our servers are a nice place for everyone to chill out on. I prefer to have a handful of nice and kind players & admins than it to be rammed full where it's a toxic environment. This relationship also allows us to enhance their experience so they have a more customised experience than what you'd normally find on COD4.

I don't see VSG going anywhere anytime soon.

It's more alive the Mohaa....😏 but that isn't the point, we like cod4MW, we like making up new things for this game, we like to come here and learn things. However, we don't like people who are negative thinkers, who just don't get the point, but just to make sure I'll say it plainly, CODMW rocks, and most of don't care what you think anyway. 

• Like 2

I'm locking this - no need to continue - Its a passion project for people who have built communities, want to play MW? go play MW.