kertsz

FOV configuration

Hi, how are you? I've been restarting the COD4 game for a while, and for this I use CODX version 18.3.
My problem is that I cannot set the FOV.

When entering some server I can change it with "/ cg_fov xx", but it is not saved, forcing me to configure it again the next time I open the game.

I wanted to know if there is any possibility to set the FOV to say 70, and keep it forever.

Thanks greetings

Hi! Great thank you, how are you?

Your config is maybe on "Read-only", 99% servers are configuring cg_fovScale, not cg_fov.

Locate your config file, it should be here

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\CallofDuty4MW\players\profiles\COD4Username

Your config file is "config_mp.cfg", you have to go right click on config_mp.cfg, then "Properties"
Now, just uncheck Read-only and apply it. Hope it is helpful. 😀
sVCPW65.png

Using math, if for FOV 80 the scale is 1 ... for FOV 71 the result is 0.8875. I have done so and I think it worked.

You can't adjust cg_fovScale, it is dvar, like r_fullbright, you can adjust is only if you turn on "sv_cheats", but some servers added that because it doesn't give you big advantage, but it is more fun to play with more fovScale or fullbright for fps.

Forgive my ignorance. What I am doing is, modify the mp.exe substituting sv_cheats for sj_cheats and then modifying the .cfg. Does this not work? What should I do to always have FOV 71 on all servers?

Thanks for the support

Yes, it worked on older versions of CoD4x and classic 1.7, but on newer versions of CoD4x you can't do it. CoD4x detect your iw3mp.exe is edited and you get "error" and another version of iw3mp, or simpler, you can't run cod4 if you edited anything in .exe ( con_maxfps, sj_cheats, j_fullbright and other )

5 hours ago, poljak07 said:

Yes, it worked on older versions of CoD4x and classic 1.7, but on newer versions of CoD4x you can't do it. CoD4x detect your iw3mp.exe is edited and you get "error" and another version of iw3mp, or simpler, you can't run cod4 if you edited anything in .exe ( con_maxfps, sj_cheats, j_fullbright and other ) 

Too bad!

why is too bad for me this is good idea because noobs what breaks server rules by this shit

Edited by K4r3l01
  • Like 2

Activision said it is cheat, it gives you some advantage, if you have big fovscale ( like 1.3 and above ) you have better field of view, view more degrees of map. Fullbright might be advantage too, it adjust some brightness and graphics so you may see enemies easier.

20 hours ago, poljak07 said:

Activision said it is cheat, it gives you some advantage, if you have big fovscale ( like 1.3 and above ) you have better field of view, view more degrees of map. Fullbright might be advantage too, it adjust some brightness and graphics so you may see enemies easier. 

Well, it seems very bad to me, what I wanted is to reduce it.