Sign in to follow this  
newmodder

Set SAS instead of Marines

Hi. I want to set the SAS player models on the mp_backlot, but I have problem with changing the player look. My mod structure:

<game-path>/Mods/CustomMod/maps/mp/mapsTable.csv
<game-path>/Mods/CustomMod/maps/mp/mp_backlot.gsc

In mp_backlot.gsc I set allies and axis to sas and russian. Also I've changed allies_soldiertype and axis_soldiertype to woodland.

main()
{
	maps\mp\mp_backlot_fx::main();
	maps\createart\mp_backlot_art::main();
	maps\mp\_load::main();	

maps\mp\_compass::setupMiniMap("compass_map_mp_backlot");

//setExpFog(500, 2200, 0.81, 0.75, 0.63, 0);
	//VisionSetNaked( "mp_backlot" );
	ambientPlay("ambient_backlot_ext");

game["allies"] = "sas";
	game["axis"] = "russian";
	game["attackers"] = "axis";
	game["defenders"] = "allies";
	game["allies_soldiertype"] = "woodland";
	game["axis_soldiertype"] = "woodland";

setdvar( "r_specularcolorscale", "1" );

setdvar("r_glowbloomintensity0",".25");
	setdvar("r_glowbloomintensity1",".25");
	setdvar("r_glowskybleedintensity0",".3");
	setdvar("compassmaxrange","1800");
}

In mapsTable.csv I've added entire file, but I've changed alliesCharSet, axisCharSet to woodland on the first line where is mp_backlot

//Ref,alliesCharSet,axisCharSet,NameString,LoadscreenImage,Number,DescString,CompassOverlay
mp_backlot,woodland,woodland,MPUI_BACKLOT,loadscreen_mp_backlot,1,MPUI_DESC_MAP_BACKLOT,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_bloc,woodland,woodland,MPUI_BLOC,loadscreen_mp_bloc,2,MPUI_DESC_MAP_BLOC,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_bog,desert,desert,MPUI_BOG,loadscreen_mp_bog,3,MPUI_DESC_MAP_BOG,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_cargoship,urban,urban,MPUI_CARGOSHIP,loadscreen_mp_cargoship,4,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CARGOSHIP,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_citystreets,desert,desert,MPUI_CITYSTREETS,loadscreen_mp_citystreets,5,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CITYSTREETS,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_convoy,desert,desert,MPUI_CONVOY,loadscreen_mp_convoy,6,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CONVOY,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_countdown,woodland,woodland,MPUI_COUNTDOWN,loadscreen_mp_countdown,7,MPUI_DESC_MAP_COUNTDOWN,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_crash,desert,desert,MPUI_CRASH,loadscreen_mp_crash,8,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CRASH,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_crossfire,desert,desert,MPUI_CROSSFIRE,loadscreen_mp_crossfire,9,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CROSSFIRE,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_farm,woodland,woodland,MPUI_FARM,loadscreen_mp_farm,10,MPUI_DESC_MAP_FARM,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_overgrown,woodland,woodland,MPUI_OVERGROWN,loadscreen_mp_overgrown,11,MPUI_DESC_MAP_OVERGROWN,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_pipeline,woodland,woodland,MPUI_PIPELINE,loadscreen_mp_pipeline,12,MPUI_DESC_MAP_PIPELINE,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_shipment,urban,urban,MPUI_SHIPMENT,loadscreen_mp_shipment,13,MPUI_DESC_MAP_SHIPMENT,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_showdown,desert,desert,MPUI_SHOWDOWN,loadscreen_mp_showdown,14,MPUI_DESC_MAP_SHOWDOWN,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_strike,desert,desert,MPUI_STRIKE,loadscreen_mp_strike,15,MPUI_DESC_MAP_STRIKE,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_vacant,urban,urban,MPUI_VACANT,loadscreen_mp_vacant,16,MPUI_DESC_MAP_VACANT,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_broadcast,desert,desert,MPUI_BROADCAST,loadscreen_mp_broadcast,17,MPUI_DESC_MAP_BROADCAST,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_mall,desert,desert,MPUI_VACANT,loadscreen_mp_mall,18,Its a mall!,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_favela,woodland,desert,MPUI_FAVELA,loadscreen_mp_favela,19,Rio slum,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_invasion,woodland,woodland,MPUI_INVASION,loadscreen_mp_invasion,20,gray city,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_crash_snow,desert,desert,MPUI_CRASH_SNOW,loadscreen_mp_crash_snow,21,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CRASH_SNOW,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_creek,woodland,woodland,MPUI_CREEK,loadscreen_mp_creek,22,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CREEK,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_carentan,urban,urban,MPUI_CARENTAN,loadscreen_mp_carentan,23,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CARENTAN,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_killhouse,urban,urban,MPUI_KILLHOUSE,loadscreen_mp_killhouse,24,MPUI_DESC_MAP_KILLHOUSE,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_creek_ss,woodland,woodland,MPUI_CREEK_SS,loadscreen_mp_creek,25,MPUI_DESC_MAP_CREEK,compass_overlay_map_blank
dlc,woodland,woodland,MP_DLC_MAPS,download_screen,26,PLATFORM_DLCMAPS,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_crash_snow_locked,desert,desert,MPUI_CRASH_SNOW,loadscreen_mp_crash_snow,27,PLATFORM_MISSINGMAP,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_creek_ss_locked,woodland,woodland,MPUI_CREEK_SS,loadscreen_mp_creek,28,PLATFORM_MISSINGMAP,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_broadcast_locked,desert,desert,MPUI_BROADCAST,loadscreen_mp_broadcast,29,PLATFORM_MISSINGMAP,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_carentan_locked,urban,urban,MPUI_CARENTAN,loadscreen_mp_carentan,30,PLATFORM_MISSINGMAP,compass_overlay_map_blank
mp_killhouse_locked,urban,urban,MPUI_KILLHOUSE,loadscreen_mp_killhouse,31,PLATFORM_MISSINGMAP,compass_overlay_map_blank

When I connect to a server I can select SAS or Russian and there is even proper spawn music, but a player doesn't change his outfit for woodland. Somebody know where is a problem? Thanks in advance.

outfit.PNG

I assume you are compiling all these models into your mod otherwise it likely wont work anyway. Also that the maptable is being compiled in. In the csv dont use // for comments. Use #. Cant say for sure whether or not that matters. Just something I have always done.

Models are packed in the map fastfiles so you cant have the models which don't exist if you don't add them in your mod, the models themselves. Check developer 1/2 output when starting the game, see what is being printed.

56 minutes ago, Kreator said:

Models are packed in the map fastfiles so you cant have the models which don't exist if you don't add them in your mod, the models themselves. Check developer 1/2 output when starting the game, see what is being printed.

Yep.. So 20 built-in cod4 maps its 40 duplicated models. They probably use same optimization techniques with COD MW 2019.

Yeah, same for a lot of stuff, a ton of SP assets, MP assets get loaded, and are not being used at all, but they take up space, especially menu files, if you want to change menus, huds you need to compile them in the mod to change them, but they are already loaded previously 🧠, and it takes up another menu asset, which is very limited anyways.

If you do end up having to go the route of compiling in all these stock player models you might as well just use all custom ones instead. The custom ones usually have a larger number of associated materials and images and dont have any LODs. Either way its a lot of player models to compile in. Might as well check out the old Openwarfare player model picker that allows you to choose which one you want.