gimoe

Chat text is disabled after COD4x installed

After I install COD4X my chat text from public and team is no longer visible on screen. The Console Enable feature seems to have disappeared from the game also. The config_mp file shows the following:

cg_chatHeight 0

cg_chatTime 0

I can change it on initial start of COD4 but once I go in-game it changes back to "0". I have even tried changing it using wordpad but after in-game it changes it back to "0" also. If I uninstall COD4X it reverts back to 1.7a but then I cannot enter COD4X games

Is  there a fix for this?

Does it only happen when you join a specific server? If so please send me the IP via PM.

Console cannot be disabled anymore, hence the option for it is missing.

most likely another issue with wrongly placed folders or permissions.

read this thread for reference.

https://cod4x.me/index.php?/forums/topic/4720-183-update-broke-my-cod4/

17 hours ago, gimoe said:

I can change it on initial start of COD4 but once I go in-game it changes back to "0". I have even tried changing it using wordpad but after in-game it changes it back to "0" also. If I uninstall COD4X it reverts back to 1.7a but then I cannot enter COD4X games

sounds like you are editing the wrong config file.

your cod4x profiles are stored in %localappdata%\CallofDuty4MW

Yes. It seems to happen only on one server. =H4X= Clan server. They have had problems with hackers rebooting there maps so they may have disabled the console. if you can chaeck this it would be great.

IP: 66.150.121.164:28931

36 minutes ago, gimoe said:

Yes. It seems to happen only on one server. =H4X= Clan server. They have had problems with hackers rebooting there maps so they may have disabled the console. if you can chaeck this it would be great.

IP: 66.150.121.164:28931 

wow that's not nice. thanks for posting.

Just now, dpj said:

wow that's not nice. thanks for posting.

1.7a

D-QQKeHWsAAp-8q.jpg

• Sad 1

I have verified thru H4X clan admins that a hacker was using the console to reboot the maps so they had to disable public chat until they can get a fix on it.

Thanks for all the replies on this.

3 hours ago, gimoe said:

I have verified thru H4X clan admins that a hacker was using the console to reboot the maps so they had to disable public chat until they can get a fix on it.

But this is for sure not how to solve their problem. They can just shutdown the server until their problem is fixed. But instead they fuck up every player's settings. (What is probably not even helping)