Sign in to follow this  
darkie

How to downgrade server from 18.0 to 17.9

After a restart, my server automatically got upgraded to 18.0 day before yesterday.
Server seems to be crashing at random times. Unfortunately i didn't pay attention if it's crashing on any exact map/event.
Until 18.1 gets released i would like to revert back to 17.9 and keep it that way.

Q1.  So how do i downgrade the server (linux one)?
Q2.  Also have two other servers which i didn't restart and now i'm afraid of restarting the machines. Any way to stop it from checking update automatically and download the latest version?

Crash Log: https://pastebin.com/KhtBmh4x

Edited by darkie

Since you are using my application you should have a symlink renamed in each directory cod4-port where the server got auto updated

The fle in main-server-files directory is the old version so you can use that file, simply rename the new file cod4x18_dedrun to cod4x18_dedrun-old and rename back the symlink to cod4x18_dedrun

15 minutes ago, NeHo said:

Since you are using my application you should have a symlink renamed in each directory cod4-port where the server got auto updated

The fle in main-server-files directory is the old version so you can use that file, simply rename the new file cod4x18_dedrun to cod4x18_dedrun-old and rename back the symlink to cod4x18_dedrun

Oh yeah but unfortunately i have all external game servers, not the local ones :(

You should have on all your external servers also the old file renamed, so just rename it back

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NeHo said:

You should have on all your external servers also the old file renamed, so just rename it back

Thanks! Got it! :)

12 hours ago, darkie said:

It seems like after 18.1 this trick isn't working any further.....

your right but 18.1 has been very stable on my servers

• Like 1

18.1 server is 17.9 with minimal additions to be compatible with the 18.x protocol plus newer bug fixes not included in 17.9.

That shouldn't be really unstable.

• Like 1