Sign in to follow this  
DerTeufel

Rename bot's in cod4x 1.8 or remove bot's of scorebar?

I have a server, and recently I have suffered a few attacks from aimbots, they come from different guids from the same IP, possibly someone using a lan house or something similar, this made me activate an anti-aimbot script that I believe is authored by "Crazy", but for the bot's not to be self-balanced they have a score that is taken by the average score of the players, these bots don't play, I would like to rename them to something like BOT-ANTIAIMBOT or ANTI-AIMBOT to let my players know what it is about and don't think the bot is actually part of the game, removing it from the scorebar would also be a valid option but I have no idea how to do it, I would not like to remove the playernumber (botnumber) / (40) from list of servers, just rename or hide them from the score bar, would anyone have any ideas in mind? I'm kind of stuck on it and I read in several places that it is not possible to rename them due to the fact of deceiving other players, but it is not my case :X

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions.

@Fraggy

@dpj

@Kreator

forgive me for tagging, but i really need an answer, if possible, and you guys always have good answers.

my post will very possibly end up being forgotten in the list of forums, I hope I'm not being too evasive acting this way.

thank you very much and my apologies in advance for any inconvenience caused!

3 hours ago, Kreator said:

rcon undercover <pid> <0/1>

exactly what I needed! thank you so much again!

Can we hide "playing" bots from the scoreboard too?

They are pretty annoying for zombie bot mods like rotu or btd.

Just noticed they are visible when alive only. Whenever they die they are hidden.

That's not perfect but good enough i think.

52 minutes ago, Viking said:

Just noticed they are visible when alive only. Whenever they die they are hidden.

That's not perfect but good enough i think.

sounds interesting  maybe there is a way to kill all bots just before the scoreboard comes up

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, Viking said:

They are pretty annoying for zombie bot mods like rotu or btd.

a few weeks ago I was looking at this mod

I don't know how exactly it was done, but you may be able to extract this if you take a look at the files

Screenshot_1.png

BTDx16.rar

Posted (edited)

BTD does not use the traditional bots as rotu does. BTD does not require a player slot. 

Edited by AlexC

Are ye right, btd are just moving xmodels.

However, i have to correct myself.

Dead bots are visible on scoreboard, what i did now is to kick em all once the map ends.

9 hours ago, Viking said:

Are ye right, btd are just moving xmodels.

However, i have to correct myself.

Dead bots are visible on scoreboard, what i did now is to kick em all once the map ends.

hmm kick them all on map end another interesting idea that I would never have even thought of.

We don't have a problem when you rename your bots. But GameTracker has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Micha1960 said:

hello yes I have a question, sometimes very annoying what to do with the vulture gat GameTracker, this is our game and not GameTracker I do not need GameTracker I generate my servers myself for my HOMEPAGE SO WHAT SHOULD THIS DO

gametracker is a very popular website where players are looking for cod4 server to play on. exposure on gametracker is beneficial to your servers as more players are attracted. however, gametracker detects bots by their player name "botXXX" if bots are named differently gametracker assumes those are real players. because of that gametracker is delisting servers doing that.

You can name your bots whatever you want. We don't stop you. However you need to use script to give the bots names. I believed it is better to give you more control about what name your bot will have you want to spawn. That why botnames.txt has been replaced by extended script function argument.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2020 at 3:40 PM, Fraggy said:

You can name your bots whatever you want. We don't stop you. However you need to use script to give the bots names. I believed it is better to give you more control about what name your bot will have you want to spawn. That why botnames.txt has been replaced by extended script function argument.

Where's the new "extended script function argument" to rename bots? or now we can simply set bot.name = "botname" ?

Edited by Hajas

On 6/11/2020 at 12:35 PM, dpj said:

gametracker is a very popular website where players are looking for cod4 server to play on. exposure on gametracker is beneficial to your servers as more players are attracted. however, gametracker detects bots by their player name "botXXX" if bots are named differently gametracker assumes those are real players. because of that gametracker is delisting servers doing that.

I guess it's a matter of time before they delist my servers..

7 hours ago, wkuzma said:

I guess it's a matter of time before they delist my servers..

probably only happens if somebody is reporting your server.

My server got even delisted without doing shady stuff.