Sign in to follow this  
tok89

New server, GUID 0

Hi everyone.
I'm trying to run a cod4x server with gsmanager on Debian 8.

• The problem

The server is running (apparently) fine, but gsm seems it's not recognizing players. In games_mp.log the GUID seems to be 0:

11:35 say;0;2;user
  • What have I done so far

I've followed your guide, used main and zone folders plus linux binaries. Installed the required packages, but then I got stuck at "make".
So I've decided to run it anyway, created and configured /main/server.cfg, configured gsm. At this point I've started both, inserted the token for the gsm and then when it's time to add me in the admins group it says "Player user not found or more than one player match".
To star the server I'm using this command:

./cod4x18_dedrun +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 28960 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate

Lost a couple of days so far. Have you any idea of what I'm doing wrong?
Also can you give me an updated server.cfg file? I can't find one here, or most probably I'm just becoming blind due to the continue search of a solution..

• Additional info

I'm using Debian 8 since gsm requires php5, and it's natively supported up to Jessie.
I'm trying to do this both on a OVH vps and on a local machine for testing.
I've used main and zone folders from a Steam version, and tried also from an old iso updated to 1.7.
Only on the first time I start the cod4x server I got this error:

IP: 127.0.0.1
IP: 192.168.0.15
IP6: ::1
IP6: fe80::a21d:48ff:fe6b:16d9%eth0
Opening IP6 socket: [::]:28960 UDP
Warning: NET_IP6Socket: bind: Address already in use
Opening IP socket: 0.0.0.0:28960 UDP
Warning: NET_IP4Socket: bind: Address already in use
---- Network shutdown ----
 --------------------------

Sys_Error: Could not bind to a IPv4 network socket

Lets go from the bottom, that first error means the socket is already open, the process is still running somewhere so just kill -9 <pid> and it will start, or it should close eventually and it will do it itself. (linux command)

Your problem is that the guids are zero which is from the game/mod/server side, if you opened games_mp.log yourself and you see that there are no regular guids, then the issue is there, GSM can't parse the users, everyone would have guid "0". 

Those lines are printed from globallogic.gsc from various places, you can search the literall string like "J;" and you will find the lines easily, the function in question is self getguid() or any similar function like that, its not providing the guid and the problem lies there. Now a few checks I would run myself is to check rcon status and see are the guids displayed correctly, try legacy guid 0 or 1 see if that works, are you running cod4x ? there could be a mismatch where the server binaries offer a "different" getguid() function, altough very unlikely. First check the rcon status and report back if you have guids there.

Thank you for your reply.
At the moment I'm using the old iso updated to the 1.7 patch and the cod4x binaries.
With legacyguidmode 0 and 1 gave me both playerid 0 and steamid 0.
Is it necessary to compile the game? As I said above I cannot follow completely the guide because when typing make it says

make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.

18 hours ago, tok89 said:

The server is running (apparently) fine, but gsm seems it's not recognizing players. In games_mp.log the GUID seems to be 0:

make sure you have "steam_api.dll" "steamclient.dll" in your root, I had a problem with guids 0, and it was related to a renamed steam file.

When my guids return 0, this part did not appear when loading my console:

GameServer is not VAC Secure!
GameServer SteamID: [x:x:xxxxxxxx]

check if it appears on your console.

I'm not sure, but I believe that this may be necessary, at least in my case that was it

Ok, I think I have solved.
Apparently I had to put the file /runtime/libstdc++.so.6 in the main folder, such as described here.
As DerTeufel said I checked the console when the server was starting and I found this error

Error: Sys_LoadLibrary error: /usr/lib32/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.22' not found (required by ./steam_api.so)
Error: steam_api.so not found or it was not possible to load. Error is: no error occurred while loading shared library. Steam is not going to work.

Now I can finally see GUIDs.
Thank you all for your help!