owmygodd

How To Get PBSS like screenshots

Hey guys,

I wanna take the connected player's screenshots at any moment like before the times of punkbuster. But unlike the introduction says "PBSS like screenshots " I cant find how to get someone's screenshots with server console or rcon commands. 

When I try "getss player_name" or "rcon getss player_name"  it says "Bad command or cvar: getss".

So is there a way to get someone's screenshot via console or do i have to mod the game or something like that. Since I dont know how to mod the game, it becomes impossible to get ss of cheaters as i see. I would appreciate some help, thank you guys.

The latest version of server has that issue, change your server version files and you will have the command available.

• Like 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:29 PM, owmygodd said:

Thanks man it worked. I also want to ask if there is a way to make a timed getss so it takes ss of all players like in every minute or so. I searched online but couldnt find much. Best i can think of is binding getss to f1 or so it is easier with just one button. But I couldnt find how to make it timed which gets ss automatically. A help would be great thanks again.

If I am correct all you need is the exec(getss all) in your code and you just make a loop so it screenshots every few minutes or however you like, if that doesn't work then if you are using a mod you could compile a menu called "clientcmd" and exec the rcon command that way, you should be able to find more on that, but I think exec will work just fine.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Okay I managed to download it an install but I couldnt make it work and neither understand how it works. I wrote the codes in server.cfg to console, 

set rcon_password topsecretrcon77
set nehoscreenshot_identkey 12345678
set nehoscreenshot_url "https://mywebsite.com/screenshots/submit.php"
loadplugin nehoscreenshotuploader

But it gives me these errors:

HTTP_SendReceiveData: mbedtls_ssl_handshake returned UNKNOWN ERROR CODE (0050)
Receiving data has failed
^1Error: Init failure. Couldn't connect to server
Error in plugin's OnInit function!
Plugin load failed.

If you already using this can you help me to make it work, thanks.

I also use a linux based rented server and can that be the reason for errors?

Edited by owmygodd

7 hours ago, owmygodd said:

Okay I managed to download it an install but I couldnt make it work and neither understand how it works. I wrote the codes in server.cfg to console, 

set rcon_password topsecretrcon77
set nehoscreenshot_identkey 12345678
set nehoscreenshot_url "https://mywebsite.com/screenshots/submit.php"
loadplugin nehoscreenshotuploader

But it gives me these errors:

HTTP_SendReceiveData: mbedtls_ssl_handshake returned UNKNOWN ERROR CODE (0050)

Receiving data has failed

^1Error: Init failure. Couldn't connect to server

Error in plugin's OnInit function!

Plugin load failed.

If you already using this can you help me to make it work, thanks.

I also use a linux based rented server and can that be the reason for errors?

maybe something is wrong in your server.cfg

check the url and submit.php file in your linux server base 

Posted (edited)

Ok I managed to make it work via my pc with xampp/apache. 

"set nehoscreenshot_url "88.226.7.47/screenshots/submit.php"

After this line, it worked but I still cant use the getss command, it gives the same error. "Bad command or cvar: getss"

Can you help me a bit more please about how that plugin works, does it takes screenshots on a timed basis or is there another command to make it work? Thanks.

Edited by owmygodd

Okay guys, I managed to make getss command work with the latest version(17.8).

All to do is making sure steam_api.(.dll or .so) and steamclient(.dll or .so) and libstdc++.so.6 files are in the same place as cod4x18_dedrun file.

If that still doesn't work, copy all these files also into the main folder, and restart the server.

In server command lines it should say something like that: 

Steam: Server connected successfully
GameServer is not VAC Secure!
GameServer SteamID: [A:1:2052480002]
Resolving cod4master.activision.com 

After that, getss command should work.

I had to go all way throught because the server I use doesnt allow me to change main server files such as cod4x18_dedrun, so I cant use the older versions. If you guys still need to use the older files I found one working which is 17.7 version, and it is on the attachments. But if you have to use the newer version only possible way to make getss work is the way i said above.

This is actually being said in the readme in the downloaded server files.

Run cod4x18_dedrun for normal operation of server
Run cod4x18_dedrun_dbg if you have problems. Only report issues when using the cod4x18_dedrun_dbg file.
If you operatingsystem does not provide the required version of libstdc++.so.6 file copy the file from "runtime" to the same place as cod4x18_dedrun file
File main/xbase_00.iwd contains new plugins

Hope it helps.

libstdc++.so_6.0594386408162a09324deaf5585b4d23 steam_api.so steamclient.so cod4x_17.7_files.rar