Sign in to follow this  
={FMJ}=Smiley

CoD4X Build Numbers?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

Probably been covered before but I could not find anything. Itis regarding the build numbers. 

I have been using CoD4 X 1.8 linux-i386 build 2055 May  2 2017 for a long time and it is running fine. However using that it did not appear on the Master server list.

Today I downloaded and installed 17.8 from the home page and it changed to CoD4 X 1.8 linux-i386 build 962. Servers started OK (modded servers) and were running fine appearing on the Master Server list 🙂.  A few times during the day though, I noticed the servers had crashed. Checking the logs I found that they were all because of  "Error, exceeded limit of 128 Weapon Assets"

So I went here CoD4X Weapon Asset Fix and downloaded the zip and installed, applied the fix.

Now i Have this build CoD4 X - linux-i386 build 988 Jul 30 2019. All seems to be OK now and the servers are running well with no errors. (still day 1 but day one with 962 did not work)

Anyway, when I look on the master server list i think i am the only one with 988 🙂 What actually is the latest one? Where do i get it? Downloading from the home page gave me an earlier one (962)? Does it really matter? 

I just wanted to be on the Master Server list and have good running servers 🙂

I'm probably missing a trick here 🙂 

any feedback appreciated.

Thank you as always.

Smiley.

Edited by ={FMJ}=Smiley

8 hours ago, ={FMJ}=Smiley said:

Hello,

Probably been covered before but I could not find anything. Itis regarding the build numbers. 

I have been using CoD4 X 1.8 linux-i386 build 2055 May  2 2017 for a long time and it is running fine. However using that it did not appear on the Master server list.

Today I downloaded and installed 17.8 from the home page and it changed to CoD4 X 1.8 linux-i386 build 962. Servers started OK (modded servers) and were running fine appearing on the Master Server list 🙂.  A few times during the day though, I noticed the servers had crashed. Checking the logs I found that they were all because of  "Error, exceeded limit of 128 Weapon Assets"

So I went here CoD4X Weapon Asset Fix and downloaded the zip and installed, applied the fix.

Now i Have this build CoD4 X - linux-i386 build 988 Jul 30 2019. All seems to be OK now and the servers are running well with no errors. (still day 1 but day one with 962 did not work)

Anyway, when I look on the master server list i think i am the only one with 988 🙂 What actually is the latest one? Where do i get it? Downloading from the home page gave me an earlier one (962)? Does it really matter? 

I just wanted to be on the Master Server list and have good running servers 🙂

I'm probably missing a trick here 🙂 

any feedback appreciated.

Thank you as always.

Smiley.

CoD4 X - linux-i386 and windows build 998 Feb 22 2020 Weapon Asset FIX

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

b_560_95_1.png

GitHub CoD4x_Server_Weapon_Asset_Fix

cod4x_server-linux_fix.zip cod4x_server-windows_fix.zip

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Is that not the same fix in the link I posted above? It was your fix so wondering if you updated again? 

All seems to be working ok and I did see your server in the master list also, but not many 988. 

My main question is what is the latest build, where is to download and does it also apply this fix? 

I guess as this is running fine and we appear on the Master List it does not really matter? . 🙂 

Smiley

@gurinov does 988 also include the preformance changes for linux from that hitreg topic, I am running linux i386 build 987, I am on the masterserver but Its showing the wrong country however.