Sign in to follow this  
sant

Specular Map Keeps Enabling By Itself

Every time i join a server i have to go and disable it because it enables on its own for some reason. Can anyone help with this? 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, Kreator said:

Its either a mod or map thing, what map are you playing on and mod ? 

All maps and all mods 🙂 Makes no difference. It is always on. 

Its either a config thing or the mods/maps you play on auto-enable it upon connecting, what build number servers are you playing on ? 

My servers are all on 998. 

I be honest I cannot remember at what point it starting doing it. I know it was not always the case. I have used the same maps and mods for a long time now. Although I'm not sure it is CoD4X related that is the only thing I have changed/updated.

But also I think it is a client setting because it does not affect all players. No idea. 

Edited by ={FMJ}=Smiley

Just tried another little test. 

When I start game up it is on. I then turn off and join the server and it stays off. All good so far. 

I come out of the server and quit the game.

Then when I start up the game before I join the server I checked settings and it is on again. So no idea why it is always on. 

Changing that setting does not give option to 'apply' so i changed another setting that did along with Specular map and 'applied' to see if that made any difference but it did not.