Sign in to follow this  
Barone del Fastidio

cod 4 servers

Hi Guys,

I setup a stock 1.7 server to play with some friends. It is hard to find info about cod4 servers in 2020. I have a couple questions.

Is there a way to host a ranked server with custom maps?

How can I setup an increased xp rate server?

I hope you guys will help me with those question

7 hours ago, Barone del Fastidio said:

Hi Guys,

I setup a stock 1.7 server to play with some friends. It is hard to find info about cod4 servers in 2020. I have a couple questions.

Is there a way to host a ranked server with custom maps?

How can I setup an increased xp rate server?

I hope you guys will help me with those question

it would help if you told us what operating system your using.

Windows version - linux - etc

if its windows check this http://www.kab.iogcod4.com/viewtopic.php?f=246&t=5526

You cant play ranked with custom maps, you need a mod for custom maps. As for the high xp that is a matter of changing a few bits of code in rank.gsc perhaps you can just multiply the value of xp you gain by any number to increase it.

Hi I am having a similar problem, I have linux server running, and i make a simple mod that modifies the KOTH (HeadQuarters) gametype (it make it similar to the old COD UO Head Quearter gametype)

But when the client connects, he lost his rank and weapons.

Is there a way to run a linux server with a mod and let the clients have all the weapons/perks/etc they have in a no modded game?

I try whit seta sv_showasranked "1" and set modstats 0 but it is not working.

Thanks!

you can use a empty mod directory to play custom maps. (might only work with cod4x, not sure)

you can increase the exp rate only by editing the gsc scripts directly

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, rama37 said:

Hi I am having a similar problem, I have linux server running, and i make a simple mod that modifies the KOTH (HeadQuarters) gametype (it make it similar to the old COD UO Head Quearter gametype)

But when the client connects, he lost his rank and weapons.

Is there a way to run a linux server with a mod and let the clients have all the weapons/perks/etc they have in a no modded game?

I try whit seta sv_showasranked "1" and set modstats 0 but it is not working.

Thanks!

Well, i found a "solution", may be it is not the most decent but it works for me... and may be for someone else? 

So, for each mod inside the player folder, is created an mpdata file to store the stats in this mod:
COD4\players\profiles\[PROFILENAME]\mods

So, i took an mpdata file with full rank and all the perks, etc (easy to find in google), and use this program:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/codmpdatadec.zip

(Credits to Luigi Auriemma) 

It is a command line application to decode with the codkey the mpdata file in a decode hex file, and then you can encode it again

I decode de mpdata and modified the first line with the route of my mod, like this:

image.png.a62facf2c140c1eca9895b675af5eea8.png

so, in the first place there was full 0s there, so i put the hex code for "mods/kothrama" (you can use any web from text to hex to translate your modname)

It is importan to MODIFY, not to copy&paste; if you do that you will modify the file size and it wont work

After this, i encoded again the file and paste it in the folder of the mod inside the player folder...and that`s all!! now you have in your mod with full weapons and all!!

Edited by rama37

21 hours ago, dpj said:

you can use a empty mod directory to play custom maps. (might only work with cod4x, not sure)

you can increase the exp rate only by editing the gsc scripts directly

If this answer was for me thanks dude! But i did not undestand the "custom maps" part because I just wanna to play a modified version of the KOTH (HeadQuearters) to look similar to the CoD UO version (they never should had change this, it was perfect!). If it not was for me, thanks anyway!

2 minutes ago, rama37 said:

If this answer was for me thanks dude! But i did not undestand the "custom maps" part because I just wanna to play a modified version of the KOTH (HeadQuearters) to look similar to the CoD UO version (they never should had change this, it was perfect!). If it not was for me, thanks anyway!

no it was a response for OP. topic hijacking is bad netiquette. avoid that, thanks.