Sign in to follow this  
Gab1no

Need some help with my own COD4x server! (lan/online server)

As I said in subject, this last week i've been messing up with my own cod4x server, my objective was made a lan/online server with bots and custom weapons,
but at this point I got stuck, I got both mods working together but not at all (bot warfare and CustomSnipers, some of custom snipers doesnt work at all, but overall is fine), for some reason CustomSnipers mod doesn't allow me to create a class because it is locked, even if I level up to unlock it, so I can only play with default classes and i don't know how to fix it or which is the problem, also for some reason some of the commands I write on Server.cfg "doesn't work", but if I use them in server console they work (some of these commands are adding bots when server start, which im not sure if its possible, or the config of bots like health, etc... Neither simple commands like scorelimit in war mode or others), also wanna ask if theres any command or chance to prevent bots using killstreaks.

I would be thankful if anyone can help me with any of this "errors". Cheers! :D

Update: I've been messing more till point I cannot run server, It says "Hunk_UserAlloc: out of memory", I dont know how to fix it, anyways got some advance with unlocking classes but now I have some weapon locked but some other I can use them, I cannot upload any picture about class problesm bc since I have "Hunk_UserAlloc: out of memory" error I cannot start the server.
image.thumb.png.1c47e5d04e5133f30bf647bdc80ddd4e.png

Update 2: Nvm I fixed "Hunk_UserAlloc: out of memory"

Edited by Gab1no

Since I didnt found the edit button I have to reply my own post.

Update 3: After fixing my last error, I've been testing over and over, I manage to found what probably isnt working correctly, so "Main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes" have none file, what I did is move this files from modwarfare folder into my server "Main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes" folder and I get this, custom snipers are showing up but I cannot pick them (picture1), also at this point I try to add a single bot server instantly crashes, it shows me this error (picture2)  

At this point I guess that files from "Main_shared/maps/mp/gametypes" aren't working correctly, Itried to change and modify this files but since i dont know GSC it is kinda "impossible".

Any idea?

image.png

image.png

Since you are running a mod, I would rather stick to the mods folder and keep all the code there, no need for main_shared, that is used mostly when you are running a vanilla server so you can call code to a server without mods.

For the unlocking part, you have to check the stat / unlockables tables (.csv's) mostly stuff like that is written there but doesn't have to be like it, you have to see the conditions when you can click on the menu, look for menus.gsc or inside the class.menu to see what response are the buttons giving or when they are "on" and a simple notepad++ search across all the mod files will yield all the locations for that "response", should be easy to locate it like that and fix.

The console error is "simple", newClass is not defined so it should be defined somewhere or look in the code for exact matches, since you mentioned server crashing when you add bots, that code runs when you select a class and spawn but since its not defined it will crash, so somewhere where you are spawning the bots you need to define that stats/loadout which the bots will use.

Hope this helps.