Hajas

More details about r_xassetnum?

Hello, is there a place to find more detailed info about 

I only found this but seams very incomplete https://cod4x.me/index.php?/forums/topic/3-extra-features/

Fews questions I have:

1. If I use this command line in the server each client will be affected too or they also need this in the command line?

2. Is possible to set this via CFG or GSC Script instead of command line? Then I could set in my mod and there's no need to the client set this command line.

3. Which are the vars available? I saw many more over here the forum different from that page.

4. Which is the command you are using to receive the limits so far of your work?

Thanks!

From my experiences:

1. The command will be send to the client, so all players are affected, they do not have to add it to the command line of their game.

2. I was not able to get it working from cfg or gsc, however this could have changed over the time but I dont think so.

3/4. This are the limits:

https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/blob/ac7401267510cd1758c8c5380298a00502eb3e4d/src/db_load.cpp#L317

ASSET_TYPE_MENU, ASSET_TYPE_WEAPON and ASSET_TYPE_STRINGTABLE can not be changed.

The maximum count for any of the assets is 65535

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Viking said:

The maximum count for any of the assets is 65535

If you will change some asset count just keep in mind there are no guarantees that game can index extra assets. Quick example: usercmd_t uses just one byte to index current weapon. So, you can make 65536 weapons but game can track only first 256 (I omit other weapons restrictions) and probably will crash due to overflows.

• Like 2

Great!

The #1 seams is not working at least with the same instance (server/client), the client only works if I start the client also with the command line. Will test online soon.

The #2 I tryed even compiling the mod setting this var, seams only works via command line.

The #4 I'm asking the command to return the actual state of your mod with counts of every images, materials, etc... did you know?

Thank you very much for the answers.

Cheers

Edited by Hajas