Hajas

[Weird] "Exceeded limit of 2400 'image' assets."

Hello,

I'm adding weapons to my new mod, all seams perfect, all weapons working great with everything else, when the map ends and change map (even to the SAME map or even a Map_Restart, ALL the clients are getting kicked with the error

Exceeded limit of 2400 'image' assets.

I'm not using ANY extra command lines to start the server or the clients, and really works FINE until the end of the map, it's just reconnect and then it's fine again until the end of the next map. This should happens when I just connect to the server as I'm used to in regular COD4 right?

Any ideas to avoid this error aside reconnect each player at the end of the maps to avoid the error? YEAH, this works great! But don't make ANY sense for me!

Sorry, I know I only come here with VERY strange errors. 

Cheers

Still have this error. Works PERFECT and client connects to the server, and play the entire match. But after change maps aside the servers keep running without errors, the clients are getting kicked with this error. 

So reconnect to keep playing again, but is very annoying....

If the exceeded the limit we should get this error on connect, there's no sense give this error only when changing maps, while when we get back works perfect.

any ideas how to fix this?

cheers

Upon changing maps all the assets etc get precached and loaded again, and depending on the map you will hit the limit, you wont reach it maybe on first map because the players are slowly connecting but with a full server + map change and everyone restarst at same time you will hit it, only fix is to add the start command line and increase the limit.

As Kreator says above. Map dependent. I had trouble with large maps.

Add this to the end of your command line and give it a try:

+set r_xassetnum "xmodel=2000 xanim=3200 image=3000 material=6000 fx=1000" &

Yeah, I did that and works like I decribed above, even with lower values than that you recommended.

Changed to exactly what you suggested, same result. :(

I'm trying to set the CLIENT dvars via server, but seams ignored. Works with other dvars.

Since any player can connect and play without problems, once connected I just set these vars (from modded server) to the clients, so now they will have these numbers increased. I created this which is called from onPlayerConnect()

SetMaxDvars()
{
	self setClientDvar( "r_xassetnum", "xmodel=2000 xanim=3200 image=3000 material=6000 fx=1000" );
}

But nothing changed, still have all the players kicked once changed maps.

Just to make this clear, BOTH maps are working PERFECT, players can join and play without ANY problems, but once change from a map to another we have this annoying of kick the players. So they need to reconnect and simply play again without problems.

For now, my solution is force a reconnect to all the players while change the map on the server, works great. 

But this solution should not be needed right? If the players can play without problems they should not receive this error when change maps.

Right?

Cheers

On 5/1/2020 at 12:47 PM, ={FMJ}=Smiley said:

Como dice Kreator arriba. Depende del mapa. Tuve problemas con mapas grandes.

Agregue esto al final de la línea de comandos y pruébelo:

+set r_xassetnum "xmodel-2000 xanim-3200 image-3000 material-6000 fx-1000" &

As said before, if you add that in your command line, the error should be solved, it had the same problem with the zombie mod and it was solved with that. did you test on command line?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 6:54 PM, JeeNNN:] said:

As said before, if you add that in your command line, the error should be solved, it had the same problem with the zombie mod and it was solved with that. did you test on command line?

Sure! It's already in the command line of the clients. And like I said, connects and plays perfect the first map, the problem is when change maps, then we got the error on the clients, then just reconnect to play again without errors until change map again. That's the problem.

Posted (edited)

The command/dvar belongs to the server command line and is sent to the client automatically.

A work around.

Jump into the menu which shows the error messages. The message is a simple dvar print, so onOpen do a execOnDvarString and auto reconnect the client.

That's indeed nothing for long time but should do it for now.

Edited by Viking