Sign in to follow this  
={FMJ}=Smiley

Players Slots

Could anybody advise or help me so that i can change form 24 player slots to 32 for example?

Changing set sv_maxclients "32" in the server.cfg does nothing.

Do I need to add something in start up line or something? Sorry for the noob question. 

Thanks. 

On 8/26/2019 at 4:05 AM, Fraggy said:

+set sv_maxclients 32

into startup line

Fraggy, i know this is a while ago and i did that and it worked no problem. Since i had to do a complete Linux reinstall (grrrrrr) I came to this again. 

However this time i cant seem to get it working. Does it matter WHERE in the startup line +set sv_maxclients 32 goes? I cant remember the last time where I put it. I tried after map rotate and before, other places blah blah but nothing. I tried with and without "32" commas. Any ideas ?

Thanks. 

54 minutes ago, ={FMJ}=Smiley said:

Fraggy, i know this is a while ago and i did that and it worked no problem. Since i had to do a complete Linux reinstall (grrrrrr) I came to this again. 

However this time i cant seem to get it working. Does it matter WHERE in the startup line +set sv_maxclients 32 goes? I cant remember the last time where I put it. I tried after map rotate and before, other places blah blah but nothing. I tried with and without "32" commas. Any ideas ?

Thanks. 

./cod4x18_dedrun +set sv_maxclients 32 +map mp_backlot

should do the trick

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, dpj said:

./cod4x18_dedrun +set sv_maxclients 32 +map mp_backlot

should do the trick

Here is one of my start up lines... I put after dedrun did not work. I have 4 servers running and tried on all. It worked fine last time lol.. If i can remember where i put it. I think it makes a difference? Or am I missing something elsewhere now? 

./cod4x18_dedrun_ftag +set sv_maxclients 32 +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip 192.168.1.4 +set net_port 28970 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +set sv_pure 1 +set fs_game "mods/ftag_s" +exec ow_ftag.cfg +map_rotate +set rcon_password "PASSWORD" +set fs_homepath /home/smiley/cod4/_ftag +set r_xassetnum "xmodel=2000 xanim=3200 image=3000 material=6000 fx=1000" &

14 hours ago, ={FMJ}=Smiley said:

Sorted--- Need to have the " " in there. +set sv_maxclients "32"

are you absolutely sure? +set sv_maxclients 32 should work just fine. "" are only required if the argument contains a space.

check your ui_maxclients this is the hardcode limit of the server, sv_maxclients can be changed on the go if is UNDER ui_maxclients

if your ui_maxclients is 24, you can only set sv_maxclients until 24, more than that will be ignored.

that's how I implemented the redirect system of Frontlines.

cheers

On 10/31/2019 at 10:21 AM, dpj said:

are you absolutely sure? +set sv_maxclients 32 should work just fine. "" are only required if the argument contains a space.

100% It only worked for me when i added the quotes. I really cannot remember if i had them there last time but this time it only worked with them....