Rampage

Looking for someone with knowledge of server scripts

Hello,

I am currently looking for someone with knowledge of server scripting.

Basically I want to use our existing 1.7a server scripts and implement them into 1.8.

Currently the 1.7a server scripts were added in the common_mp. ff file and when that file is copied over, the server will not start.

I have tried to pull the scripts and change them from .gsc to .gsx and place them into the main_shared folder, but then a domino effect starts.

The scripts were added in a few years back, and they are placed in various locations, but I know the core scripts that I would like to use.

I am willing to pay for this task, if its reasonable, but only you can set the price if you are willing to take the task on.

If the common_mp.ff is needed, I will share it direct.

Thank you, =AG= Rampage (Alliance Gamerz clan owner)

i suggest you keep the common_mp.ff original and put the scripts into the main_shared folder as you said. that should work fine. if you have questions with porting your scripts please describe the errors. try to port them bit by bit and i'm sure you can make it work. we have some infos regarding scripting here: https://docs.cod4x.me/modding/scriptingguide/quickstart.html hope that helps.

if you need further help it would be good to post the sources you want to port and what errors you are seeing. there shouldn't be much changes required between scripts being able to run on 1.7a and 1.8. 

I was able to get the issues resolved by adding a simple parameter to the server config:

set sv_legacyguidmode 1 // 1 = old 32 character guids are used, 0 = new cod4x guid format is used ( like steamids )

It would make sense now seeing the errors about GUIDs.

Does anyone know how to force default fps and fov when a player joins the server?

I want the options to change fov, fps, etc to be there so the player can change it if they want, but I would prefer the default settings on join.

Thanks

Due to the overwhelming response I got here, I was able to figure it out!

Thank you for the amazing support this forum has to offer!