obteo

plugin handler error

Hi everybody, I just realized that no plugin is loaded because of the error:

Requested handler plugin v. 3.1, server is 4.0

any idea?

thank you. cheers

I was able to replace most of them... I can't find this file: sourcebansplugin.so

I can't compile.... i'm not able :/ anyone has it please?

Edited by obteo

21 hours ago, DRATiNYMOUS said:

what does this mean exactly? does it have anything to do with my failing to load trueskill.tmp?

Plugins are now held in the xbase_00.iwd - meaning there is no need for a "plugins" folder or similar. Best to check your xbase_00.iwd file and check if trueskill is in there.

18 minutes ago, Koaja said:

Plugins are now held in the xbase_00.iwd - meaning there is no need for a "plugins" folder or similar. Best to check your xbase_00.iwd file and check if trueskill is in there.

i did check in there and it isn't present. I'm guessing id have to compile a new iwd to include it?image.thumb.png.cc0673647efefcac89228e27f1e42cf9.png

Edited by DRATiNYMOUS

Just now, DRATiNYMOUS said:

i did check in there and it isn't present. I'm guessing id have to compile a new iwd to include it?

You can just download the server files from the home page and replace it most likely. Make a backup first to be safe

Just now, Koaja said:

You can just download the server files from the home page and replace it most likely. Make a backup first to be safe

thats where I got this copy

1 minute ago, DRATiNYMOUS said:

I tried that too but was told g++ wasnt recognized as a command.. googled that issue awhile and couldnt figure that out. im a mess lol

Im assuming you have build-essential package installed?

If not install it and try again, Other than that I have no clue sorry 😅

Just now, Koaja said:

Im assuming you have build-essential package installed?

If not install it and try again, Other than that I have no clue sorry 😅

yeah man i installed TONS of packages after awhile just hoping one would work LOL

yeah man i installed TONS of packages after awhile just hoping one would work LOL

@leiizko may be of more help than I am - Hope you get it resolved though dude 

1 hour ago, DRATiNYMOUS said:

i did check in there and it isn't present. I'm guessing id have to compile a new iwd to include it?image.thumb.png.cc0673647efefcac89228e27f1e42cf9.png

Iwd is just a zip archive. Open it with 7-zip (or similar software) and add your plugi. OR just make a plugins directory and copy the plugin there.

If the plugin fails to load you should see a clear message about that in the server log. If loading a plugin fails you should check if you are missing any dependencies with the ldd command

26 minutes ago, dpj said:

Iwd is just a zip archive. Open it with 7-zip (or similar software) and add your plugi. OR just make a plugins directory and copy the plugin there.

If the plugin fails to load you should see a clear message about that in the server log. If loading a plugin fails you should check if you are missing any dependencies with the ldd command

This is what happens when I try to do anything to the xbase archive. I'm not familiar with ldd at all.. would the dependency walker program suffice?

Can't say why this happens to you, maybe my environment was broken when i compiled it. Try to compile it yourself and see if it works.

5 hours ago, DRATiNYMOUS said:

I tried that too but was told g++ wasnt recognized as a command.. googled that issue awhile and couldnt figure that out. im a mess lol

You did not set the PATH environment variable. Google that and you should be good to go.

Just now, leiizko said:

Can't say why this happens to you, maybe my environment was broken when i compiled it. Try to compile it yourself and see if it works.

You did not set the PATH environmet variable. Google that and you should be good to go.

I did set the path environment variable :/

I did set the path environment variable :/

Then i can only assume you instaled gcc only. look for g++ (C++) package.

4 minutes ago, leiizko said:

Then i can only assume you instaled gcc only. look for g++ (C++) package.

I installed every package in mingw that had g++ in its name

when I run makedll_win32 i get

Compiling: release

main_plugin.cpp:1:10: fatal error: ../pinc.h: No such file or directory

#include "../pinc.h"     

^~~~~~~~~~~ 

compilation terminated.

Linking

c:/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/8.2.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lcom_plugin

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Cleaning up

Press any key to continue . . . 

Edited by DRATiNYMOUS

You need to download and compile the server first, then drop the plugin src folder into plugin directory in server source and compile.

14 hours ago, leiizko said:

You need to download and compile the server first, then drop the plugin src folder into plugin directory in server source and compile.

so this is happening because i used the binary instead of compiling myself? ooooooooooops

21 hours ago, DRATiNYMOUS said:

so this is happening because i used the binary instead of compiling myself? ooooooooooops

your compile error is caused by missing the com_plugin, which is created when compiling the server. after you successfully compile the server, you can compile plugins.

anyways, i don't know why you would compile it yourself anyways as there is a binary version of it.