st0rm

Hit detection / registration issues

@st0rm use git, you probably downloaded it directly, I had the same issue on my web-admin app, after I switched to git the versioning is working correctly

People have been complaining for months about bad hit registration on our servers, is there any way to improve hit detection?

@st0rm I have had zero troubles with hit detection on my Windows 10 machine (knock on wood). I have a few servers that are windows and a few that are linux, and have had zero complaints from players or from members on hit reg. However when I was running my server on a windows server 2012 r2 and hosted multiple scrim servers, there was actually quite a few complaints. I did some tinkering as it sounds like you have, and created a Windows 10 64bit pro VM, and ran all the servers off of that and there were no more issues..  I understand that it makes no sense, I can't think of any logical reason either, but now two servers are hosted from a Windows 10 VPS and I have had no issues, including reports from competitive players that have been constantly scrimming/ playing pick up games from servers on that box, and they do not sense any hit reg detection issues, even with a 60 + ping. 

@Airitech I ran my servers on windows 2016 server. I just gave up and got sick of people complaining about hit reg. The second I got them running on linux is the last time I heard of a complaint. The thing that gets me that sometimes it would be perfectly fine and then the next map it would be awful.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 4:30 AM, AlexC said:

For me the latest github build just works fine. 

Requesting to share the link for github build for windows.

What is the latest linux build? the cod4x18_dedrun we are using is from 13th of march 2019 and we are experiencing varied hit-detection. One map is perfect, the other I am killing people when I shoot next to them and not hitting them when im right on them?

I cant compile fyi. Will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!