VirusCuzX

333fps check unstable

I want to kick users who use 333fps in our promod server , so i've check the forum and i wrote this

init()
{
    for(;;)
    {
        level waittill("connected", player);
        player thread fpswatch2();
    }
}

fpsWatch2()
{
warntime = 6;
    for (;;)
    {
        self endon( "disconnect" );
        fps = self GetCountedFPS();
        if (fps > 330)
        {
		warnTime--;
		self iPrintLnBold( "^1Client Violation : ^7333 FPS is not allowed.You will be kicked after " + warnTime + " times warning" );
		self.lastWarnTime = getTime();
	}

else if( warnTime < 6 && isDefined( self.lastWarnTime ) && getTime() - self.lastWarnTime > 300000  ) 
{
		warnTime = 6;
}
		if( warnTime == 0 )
		{
		exec( "kick " + self getEntityNumber() + " 333 FPS is not allowed" );
		IprintLnBold(self," ^1is using 333fps! ^7Kicking...");
		}	
		wait 1;
	}
}

but sometimes players have fps like 250 still got the message, especially when they have a sightly packets lost,i'am wondering maybe there's problem in this function:

self GetCountedFPS()

There's any way to fix it? or anyway to kick con_maxfps 333?

Some players use their mouse wheel change fps between 333 fps and 250 fps , so update their fps to 250 per second is useless,they can still roll their mouse wheel when running or jumping, so there's any solution?

I am using mousewheel to chane fps as well. Why do you want to ban 333 fps? No jump? 

Less fall damage, difference between sounds that the player makes when moving in certain directions, probably fire rate is also affected a bit. It also allows you to access some roofs that you can't with only 250 FPS. It's blocked for many reasons, and if it's blocked then people shouldn't bypass it (= cheat). Same goes for fullbright and the rest of the commands - they were originally blocked for a reason.

12 minutes ago, AlexC said:

I am using mousewheel to chane fps as well. Why do you want to ban 333 fps? No jump? 

We are promod match server , 333 fps is originally prohibited in promod . it will considered as a cheat . But these variables can changed by notepad++ , also known as "notepad cheat".In offical lan match server , it will be banned by punkbuster.

If you keep the script in server side, you will be fine as an original promod protection has. 

Get all players to record demos in matches, if a player is suspected of using 333 watch their demo, it will be really obvious. I had a similar script to yours and players got warned even when they locked their fps to 250.

You can try the below, however players can easily get around this but changing it to cox_maxfps etc... I don't think there is a perfect solution for this atm sadly.

self setClientDvar( "com_maxfps", 250 );

self setClientDvar( "con_maxfps", 250 );

Promod has built in FPS check so scripting it makes little sense. If you really want to do something else, you can invoke a scriptmenu response when that check is triggered and from there kick/kill/whatever the player.

And fyi. It is no longer as simple as editing the exe file with notepad. You can try it yourself and see what happens.

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2019 at 1:20 AM, fonix said:

Get all players to record demos in matches, if a player is suspected of using 333 watch their demo, it will be really obvious. I had a similar script to yours and players got warned even when they locked their fps to 250.

You can try the below, however players can easily get around this but changing it to cox_maxfps etc... I don't think there is a perfect solution for this atm sadly.

self setClientDvar( "com_maxfps", 250 );

self setClientDvar( "con_maxfps", 250 );

Thanks mate, I think I've found a better way to solve this problem. Obviously, the function self GetCountedFPS() reads worng fps value from player, I made a small test. When I use 250fps:

1645137536_QQ20190419204114.thumb.png.ee49df931cff6167930cfcf5bdf074c2.png
You can see it not my true fps, even some times it reads my fps more than what I have, like 300, I think maybe it's just a engine bug.When I use 333fps, you can mention that it reads my fps beyond 333fps, like 400fps:

1029336952_QQ20190419204049.thumb.jpg.26ec861904e934b966fb0a451b22c1e3.jpg
So I can just set the fps > 399 , it can solve that problem , and kick player who uses fps > 333.

(Bad English grammer cuz im Chinese, hope it can helps you)

Edited by VirusCuzX
  • Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:51 AM, leiizko said:

Promod has built in FPS check so scripting it makes little sense. If you really want to do something else, you can invoke a scriptmenu response when that check is triggered and from there kick/kill/whatever the player.

And fyi. It is no longer as simple as editing the exe file with notepad. You can try it yourself and see what happens.

Editing the iw3mp.exe is still simple enough , even you can just follow tutorials uploaded about 10 years ago :[ . I can easily make a script check con_maxfps ,but you know, it can be modified in any name, like coa_maxfps, cob_maxfps etc. So it's improtant to read player's true fps value.

13 minutes ago, VirusCuzX said:

Editing the iw3mp.exe is still simple enough , even you can just follow tutorials uploaded about 10 years ago :[ . I can easily make a script check con_maxfps ,but you know, it can be modified in any name, like coa_maxfps, cob_maxfps etc. So it's improtant to read player's true fps value.

Editing it like that will make the file impure and it will redownload the original exe file. You can actually find quite a lot of people crying why they can't rename cvars as easily as before.

8 hours ago, leiizko said:

Editing it like that will make the file impure and it will redownload the original exe file

only on steam

29 minutes ago, dpj said:

only on steam

Don't have a steam cod4, still does exactly what I described.

8 hours ago, leiizko said:

Don't have a steam cod4, still does exactly what I described.

so why I can use 333fps in promod :blush:. and I'am using the latest verison of cod4x client.

We have had a problem with reading FPS values before, players who are lagging returned false FPS values to our script. Is your script accurate in finding people who use 333?