Sign in to follow this  
Hajas

[Request] G_Spawn : no free entities (increase limit)

Hello, G_Spawn are the game entities in the game, and in COD4 we are limited to just 1022, one more and we have a crash.

These are everything in the map used in the gameplay, such as:

• players
  • weapons on the floor
  • spawnpoints
  • triggers
  • every single bullets flying
  • claymores
  • c4
  • rockets flying
  • script_models (objectives for exemple)
  • script_origin (3d positions to play sounds or FX for exemple)
  • etc

How many more players more entities we have, and even if you did a clean work deleting every entity created after time we eventually will reach that limit when we have lots of players and specially when we have intense battles with lots of bullets flying in all directions.

This can caused of course by bad scripts, but is not my case, and also happens with the original clean COD4 and any other COD tittle around without mods, but since after COD5 we don't have more 64 slots servers, this is very rare with later titles because really don't have many entities around with less players.

In Frontlines I always care about the g_spawn problem since the first month working on it we start to get these crashes, and are very rare in Frontlines servers, but when the server is too heavy of players and the battle is too hot, sometimes we still have this crash. :\

Is possible to COD4X also increase this number like did with xmodels and materials?

thank you

31 minutes ago, Hajas said:

every single bullets flying

This game is hitscan, there are no bullets.

32 minutes ago, Hajas said:

happens with the original clean COD4

Never seen it happen, unless you use player_sutainammo and spawn the living shit out of claymores/C4s

31 minutes ago, Hajas said:

materials

You can't increase materials.

On a bussy server you still have about 600 free entities to play with, how are you possibly hitting the limit?

This game is hitscan, there are no bullets.

If is really a bullet I don't know, but with more fire more unamed entities we have in that list, maybe are the hit locations, but I'm 100% sure it increases. Did LOTS of tests about the subject for years.

Never seen it happen, unless you use player_sutainammo and spawn the living shit out of claymores/C4s

Seams you didn't play for enough time in full 64 slots servers then, of course I forget to mention, longer timelimits make reach the limit easier.

"player_sutainammo" ????? what do you mean?

You can't increase materials.

No? I'm always seeing around start lines as this:

+set r_xassetnum xmodel=2000 material=4096 image=4000

So only xmodel works? can you point me all the options we have that actually works then?

13 minutes ago, Hajas said:

If is really a bullet I don't know, but with more fire more unamed entities we have in that list, maybe are the hit locations, but I'm 100% sure it increases. Did LOTS of tests about the subject for years.

Server without any players on backlot map crashed at 693 added ents. Server with 64 bots firing at same time crashed at 691 added ents. Weapon fire has no effect on this list.

18 minutes ago, Hajas said:

Seams you didn't play for enough time in full 64 slots servers then, of course I forget to mention, longer timelimits make reach the limit easier.

"player_sutainammo" ????? what do you mean?

I played the crap out of cod and have never seen this error on stock server. 

It is a dvar that makes you have unlimited ammo.

20 minutes ago, Hajas said:

So only xmodel works? can you point me all the options we have that actually works then?

I think only xmodels work at this point.

To me it sounds you just have a leak somewhere.

Posted (edited)

Frontlines sometimes crash with this error in gametypes such as Waves or Resist only, because we have lots of claymores/c4 around, and this cause the crash. That's it, I know exactly why this is happening, that's why I'm asking this feature, to be able to move foward. Simple as that.

Well, you don't need to trust me, If you just google "G_Spawn : no free entities" you will find reports all around the world about that in every COD release. For exemple this is happening even at Infinite Warfare which don't have even mod support

https://community.callofduty.com/t5/Infinite-Warfare-Support/Error-G-Spawn-no-free-entities/td-p/10230706

If a server crashed with this error without players for sure it's a script/mod problem, I'm far ahead of this of course. Let's focus in the improvement request then ok? Cheers

Edited by Hajas

Gentities are not reversed so this will probably never happen. You are better off finding ways how to reduce them.

Limit is not going to be raised. Too difficult without the sourcecode of client.