thatcrackertho

cod4x_patch.ff different from server

Getting this error every time I try to join local dedicated. Any way I can update the server or downgrade? I am running 17.9 on client. Not sure what version the server is running. Thanks!

I think you need a separate server file, get the latest windows server and run that executable in your cod4 root with all the parameters you need. I know that before you would just need to run a server on the same exe as the game startup, or does the client patch does that job as well ?

11 hours ago, thatcrackertho said:

Getting this error every time I try to join local dedicated. Any way I can update the server or downgrade? I am running 17.9 on client. Not sure what version the server is running. Thanks!

try to clear your mod folder

Добрый день присоединяюсь к этому вопросу у меня на данный момент версия игры 17.568. Далее я захожу на свой сервер на версии 1.8 он подключается далее идет загрузка cod4i обновилась по средине у меня написано далее что ( Start automatic installation of COD4 X and connect to server ) (This takes only a few seconds) далее ниже что ( Abort ) по делу я должен нажать Start automatic installation of COD4 X and connect to server что бы я окончательно перешел на 1-8 версию далее у меня ошибка вот такая wrong install destination selected.

iYwszB5omr8.jpg

8 hours ago, dpj said:

try to clear your mod folder

I am wanting to run some mods. I think what is happening is that i updated pb on this pc. I went ahead and ran the server on a pc that wasnt updated and it worked fine. I guess I need to downgrade my PB some how. Probably a fresh install.