[CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE

Need server.cfg for Cod4

Posted (edited)

need one that is correct mine is all messed up, also when I run b3 it starts up fine and loads all plugins fine but mw console shows bad rcon for some reason and no b3 commands in game

Edited by [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE

if you don't know what to set, the defaults should be fine. rcon password must be 8 or more characters long, that's just one possibility of what go wrong there. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, dpj said:

if you don't know what to set, the defaults should be fine. rcon password must be 8 or more characters long, that's just one possibility of what go wrong there. 

I am using the same rcon password that I did with mw2 and mw2 works fine with b3 but cod4 doesn't and in the server list I don't even see my server in the list it is set to online dedicated port forward and everything. the default server.cfg is a quake server.cfg and when i edit the file when i start the server it changes all the settings back to default removes my server name and password don't know why that is why i needed a server.cfg that works with b3 on cod4. also it shows rcon now instead of bad rcon but still no command feed back from b3 when I type in a command nothing happens

Posted (edited)

are you running a server with or without mods  configs are different between the two

why not attach your server.cfg so we can look at it to see if there is something wrong

if you have your rcon password in it remove it b4 attaching

Edited by wkuzma

9 hours ago, [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE said:

I am using the same rcon password that I did with mw2 and mw2 works fine with b3 but cod4 doesn't

cod4x enforces the mentioned password requirements, not b3.

in the server list I don't even see my server

there is a forum topic on how to get listed on the cod4x master server. 

it is set to online dedicated port forward and everything

if players are able to join, the master server will reach it as well.

the default server.cfg is a quake server.cfg and when i edit the file when i start the server it changes all the settings back to default removes my server name and password don't know why that is why i needed a server.cfg that works with b3 on cod4.

if that's a problem with b3, remove b3. or ask in the correct subforum about your b3 issues.

On 3/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, dpj said:

if that's a problem with b3, remove b3. or ask in the correct subforum about your b3 issues.

So my server name will not be shown in the server list unless I request a listing for it? send me the link to the forum post about that I can't find it

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 2:06 AM, dpj said:

I found the link to the master server token but I used my steam to get the token and it says it couldn't get my account information 

3 hours ago, [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE said:

Here is MW config it automatically generates besides I added sv_maxclients and rcon_password commands

q3config_server.cfg 1.48 kB · 0 downloads

at the top of that file // generated by quake, do not modify

that is not the server.cfg you want to use  - here is a server config just modify it to suit your needs.

and thank Daedalus since he made it

server.cfg

22 hours ago, wkuzma said:

at the top of that file // generated by quake, do not modify

that is not the server.cfg you want to use  - here is a server config just modify it to suit your needs.

and thank Daedalus since he made it

server.cfg 8.23 kB · 5 downloads

yeah but my server automatically regenerates that server.cfg and uses it how do i make it not auto generate a server.cfg and use that one instead

dont use q3config_server.cfg use just server.cfg that I posted.

call it as + server.cfg  not + q3config_server.cg

the q3config_server.cfg  will always be over written

post your startup line here remove the rcon password from it first (if its there)

Posted (edited)

here is the line for cod3x dedrun shortcut for target. cod4x18_dedrun.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 6670 +set net_ip 192.168.0.12 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +map mp_killhouse +set sv_maxclients 32

I made a dedicated.batdedicated.bat file instead of server.cfgusing that short cut but it doesn't work either with b3. I uploaded my dedicated.bat file I made to start the server

added file

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /index.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 406 Not Acceptable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I am getting this error when trying to respond to a post

4 hours ago, [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE said:

here is the line for cod3x dedrun shortcut for target. cod4x18_dedrun.exe" +set dedicated 2 +set net_port 6670 +set net_ip 192.168.0.12 +exec server.cfg +map_rotate +map mp_killhouse +set sv_maxclients 32

I made a dedicated.batdedicated.bat file instead of server.cfgusing that short cut but it doesn't work either with b3. I uploaded my dedicated.bat file I made to start the server

remove the +map mp_killhouse and place +map_rotate as the last item in the bat file

as for b3 make sure the game log file is found by b3 and that the rcon password is the same in b3 as in server.cfg

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, wkuzma said:

remove the +map mp_killhouse and place +map_rotate as the last item in the bat file

as for b3 make sure the game log file is found by b3 and that the rcon password is the same in b3 as in server.cfg

b3 gamelog location is right because it would start the plugins without errors it would show a error for gamelog. I doubled check the game log lcoation it is correct b3 even shows rcon status in cod4x console window don't know why it does respond to any command when I join in tho I see myself typing the commands in the cod4x console window so it is showing up in the game log that I did type in the commands but b3 doesn't show anything in game. also when I tried to get a steam token the website says it couldn't get my steam account information when I tried to put my server on the master server list can you help me on that part to?

Posted (edited)

did you also load b3hide in cod4x I found without b3hide loaded b3 does not respond

these are my setting for b3hide

loadplugin "b3hide"      

set b3Prefix "!"
set b3Hide "1"
set b3HideLvl "24"  <-- change 24 to whatever level you want I use 24 because I have different admin levels for b3

Edited by wkuzma

On 4/1/2019 at 11:22 PM, wkuzma said:

did you also load b3hide in cod4x I found without b3hide loaded b3 does not respond

these are my setting for b3hide

loadplugin "b3hide"      

set b3Prefix "!"
set b3Hide "1"
set b3HideLvl "24"  <-- change 24 to whatever level you want I use 24 because I have different admin levels for b3

do i put that code into server.cfg?

5 hours ago, [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE said:

do i put that code into server.cfg?

yes

19 hours ago, [CKT]REFLECTIONxRAGE said:

does cod4x have a discord channel I can join

No.