Posted (edited)

How can I make a welcome message on the server with the country and city?

I have a similar script, but it only shows the country.

country = self getGeoLocation( 2 );
	if( !isSubStr( country, "N/" ) || !isDefined( country ) )
	{
		if( !isDefined( self.pers[ "vip" ] ) )
			exec( "say ^7Helo^3 " + self.name + " ^7, ^1" + country );
		else
			iprintlnbold( "^4Helo ^3VIP^5 " + self.name + " ^3, ^1" + country );
	}
	else
	{
		if( !isDefined( self.pers[ "vip" ] ) )
			exec( "say ^4Hi^5 " + self.name );
		else
			iprintlnbold( "^4Hi ^3VIP^5 " + self.name );
	}

I understand that you need to use the extended database GeoIP City.bat I found a similar file, how can I hook it into my code? Sorry, but I am not a C developer. I do not understand how to do this .. Help please.

Edited by jeep002

You need to write a  cod4x C plugin to read the database. Then modify your scripts accordingly.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Kingwolf said:

You need to write a  cod4x C plugin to read the database. Then modify your scripts accordingly.

Could you tell me a tutorial, or an example of how to do this? I am not a C developer. I only understand the code a little, and I can redo it. But I can't write something from scratch.

Edited by jeep002

City isn't usually accurate enough. That why we did not bother with it. Considering the database is now outdated and no longer updated I'd not bother with it at all.

14 hours ago, Fraggy said:

City isn't usually accurate enough. That why we did not bother with it. Considering the database is now outdated and no longer updated I'd not bother with it at all.

is in your plans updating the geolocation things with new db format from maxmind?

On 3/4/2019 at 11:43 PM, Klauser said:

is in your plans updating the geolocation things with new db format from maxmind?

I don't have any plans regarding that.

On 03.03.2019 at 05:39, Kingwolf said:

Paying someone would be too easy. I'm just starting to learn scripting. Therefore, for self-development, I wanted to figure it out myself.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:48 AM, Fraggy said:

Someone still engaged in this .. I saw several servers where this was done using scripts. But I still realized that it is much better to implement this with the help of GSManager.

In any case, thank you all for your attention)