xDShot

Not showing CoD4X

Launch the game and check in the bottom right corner if CoD4X is displayed

I don't see any 'CoD4X' on right bottom corner though I did install it exactly how it was instructed. What went wrong? How should it look exactly? Using Steam version of the game.

Edited by xDShot

Just now, xDShot said:

I don't see any 'CoD4X' on right bottom corner though I did install it exactly how it was instructed. What went wrong? How should it look exactly? Using Steam version of the game.

Ah, See here: https://cod4x.me/index.php?/forums/topic/2622-steam-cod4-patch-breaks-game-our-official-repair-guide/&tab=comments#comment-12668

Download that exe file, then overwrite the one from steam. 

You can read the thread from the beginning if you like to see what actually changed with the steam update of COD4.

(In case you are worried, it is a safe executable)

Thanks. That executable did the trick. Devs should update install instructions. And better add similar screenshot for clarification.

Снимок экрана от 2019-02-08 13-55-47.png

Just now, xDShot said:

Thanks. That executable did the trick. Devs should update install instructions. And better add similar screenshot for clarification.

Снимок экрана от 2019-02-08 13-55-47.png

I'm not a dev but I will have a look tonight at updating the install steps (at least adding if its steam version blah blah). Anyway glad its working for you. Not sure on your other issue to be honest, but someone here will know ^