Sign in to follow this  
fonix

weird bots on server?

Hi, i'm running a 64 slot server and using the mod warfare mod with some custom guns added. For some reason when the server gets full as people leave during a map 0 ping bots take their place and take the name of the player in pid 0, when the map rotates the bots are gone but during the next map they come back like before. The mod has not bot code in it, I just have to assume this is something built into cod4x?

Any help would be appreciated 

1 hour ago, fonix said:

Hi, i'm running a 64 slot server and using the mod warfare mod with some custom guns added. For some reason when the server gets full as people leave during a map 0 ping bots take their place and take the name of the player in pid 0, when the map rotates the bots are gone but during the next map they come back like before. The mod has not bot code in it, I just have to assume this is something built into cod4x?

Any help would be appreciated 

Well it certainly doesnt happen stock COD4X, sure you dont have any gsc scripts in main_shared or something? (could just be a strange bug, im not blaming you of course, just good to get all factors out there before analysing :P

20 hours ago, Koaja said:

Well it certainly doesnt happen stock COD4X, sure you dont have any gsc scripts in main_shared or something? (could just be a strange bug, im not blaming you of course, just good to get all factors out there before analysing :P

the server isn't using a main_shared just this mod 

mod.zip

Server won't add any bots unless you call addtestclient() from script. Otherwise they are possible fake-players?