Sign in to follow this  
wkuzma

centos 6.10

12 hours ago, dpj said:

are you sure it is loading the shared libraries from the paths you expect it to? did you check with ldd?

sorry I don't know the command to check that and ldd --help is of no help lol

7 minutes ago, AlexC said:

What centos is that? Still 6? If yes, copy the runtime libs from the rumtime lib to your cod4 root folder

centos 7

8 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Ah, you need gcc as well and gcc devel. 

I am sure its there but how do I check?

just to keep everyone informed I was able to get a server going on my paid provider which uses Centos 7 I followed the instruction here 

https://www.sohaibxtreme.net/installation-of-call-of-duty-4-server-on-linux/

and it installed a cod4x server and all necessary files to run it, I then uploaded the linux version on cod4x.me. However the server shows build 2044 May 2 2055  but at least I got it working. I want to thank all that helped me because without your help in teaching me how to use centos 7 I would never have been able to get a server working. LOL when I stared I didn't know what a yum or rpm was and root I used to think in terms that root stood for root beer which is yummy lol . Once again thanks for you help.

43 minutes ago, Klauser said:

xD I thought this topic was for cod4x client in linux.

It was to begin with :P 

1 hour ago, Klauser said:

xD I thought this topic was for cod4x client in linux.

I started the topic because I was under the impression that I needed to have cod4 itself installed in order to install a cod4 or cod4x server

I am very new to Linux and asked for help. I found that it is not necessary to have the game cod4 installed to install a cod4x server .

My service provider changed the operating system to centos 7 to I had to learn all over to install a cod4x server on that system and get it working.

2 hours ago, Klauser said:

LeL, Yes when I saw u asking for wine things I was like WTF why... :v Now I see why. You could have used this too. https://linuxgsm.com/ =D

thanks it looks interesting I still have to install a cod4 server for the person that pays for my iog servers so I will look hard into that.

to help all understand - I have a benefactor that pays for 4 servers from escaped turkey  they have names like |iog| Knife only FFA  etc up to 4 servers so far I was able to make one server there but its a cod4x server, Because  |iog| has a lot of members that are on a mac  I have to make a non cod4x server for them also. The other ones will be cod4x

I also run 2 KAB servers strictly cod4x on a personal server.

15 minutes ago, wkuzma said:
3 hours ago, Klauser said:

LeL, Yes when I saw u asking for wine things I was like WTF why... :v Now I see why. You could have used this too. https://linuxgsm.com/ =D

looking at that link you gave me I already have that for the one server I have set up on centos 7 it works great in opinion.

Edited by wkuzma

5 hours ago, wkuzma said:

looking at that link you gave me I already have that for the one server I have set up on centos 7 it works great in opinion.

LGSM is fine for quick installs, I just don't like how there are 50 million configs in different areas to configure etc. Overall though, its fine :D

Ohhh yes, its nice for beginners and the cfg thing is weird sometimes. xD the default cfg, the parameters cfg and other shit LoL.

I used that when I started this. Now I use OpenGamePanel for that. Easy servers administration without using linux terminal directly.

Ohhh yes, its nice for beginners and the cfg thing is weird sometimes. xD the default cfg, the parameters cfg and other shit LoL.

I used that when I started this. Now I use OpenGamePanel for that. Easy servers administration without using linux terminal directly.

I got it all worked out and not have a cod4x server on my provider but they only gave me a 30 gig space and the server with the operating system takes about 22 gigs so things that I wanted to do there like b3 may be out of the question but at least I got the server working.

Edited by wkuzma

The system takes 22 gigs? Wtf.. My clean centos install was 1.5 gig MAX

Yeah that definitely feels off, even for a server OS that is fucking huge LOL 

3 hours ago, Koaja said:

Yeah that definitely feels off, even for a server OS that is fucking huge LOL 

here is what I found

[root@vps ~]# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1        30G   28G  246M 100% /
devtmpfs        909M     0  909M   0% /dev
tmpfs           920M     0  920M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           920M   97M  823M  11% /run
tmpfs           920M     0  920M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/1001
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/1000
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/0

I am contacting my provider to see why

WTF, I use machines with 15 - 30 gb space and the server only takes 4-5 gb and system 1gb. How are u using 28 GB xD

I usually use Debian and sometimes ubuntu.

Edited by Klauser

3 hours ago, wkuzma said:

here is what I found

[root@vps ~]# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/vda1        30G   28G  246M 100% /
devtmpfs        909M     0  909M   0% /dev
tmpfs           920M     0  920M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           920M   97M  823M  11% /run
tmpfs           920M     0  920M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/1001
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/1000
tmpfs           184M     0  184M   0% /run/user/0

I am contacting my provider to see why

There is definitely something wrong with that lmfao. No server OS should take 28GBs haha. 

funny I did a clean install of centos 7 did all the updates I could find (rpm's) installed the cod4x server from https://www.sohaibxtreme.net/installation-of-call-of-duty-4-server-on-linux

successfully installing and having a running cod4x server with version 1.8 build 2055 may 2 2017 however when I install the updated files on cod4x.me main page I get the error below - I had to copy back the older files to get the server to work.

./cod4x18_dedrun: ./libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./cod4x18_dedrun)
./cod4x18_dedrun: ./libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./cod4x18_dedrun)

There's a folder called "runtime" in the latest version copy the file from that folder to the root directory of ur server.

There's a folder called "runtime" in the latest version copy the file from that folder to the root directory of ur server.

That corrected the problem now it shows build 922 Sep 21 2018 and is listed on the master server

I cannot thank you enough it was driving me nuts

2 hours ago, wkuzma said:

That corrected the problem now it shows build 922 Sep 21 2018 and is listed on the master server

I cannot thank you enough it was driving me nuts

I guess I spoke too soon since I have a new problem- one hopefully easy to resolve

The server runs but still gives this error on startup

Since the server does run I am not too concerned about that problem but figured I would post  it here in case there is a solution.

Don't worry about that, i have that same issue, but the servers just runs fine. 

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

Don't worry about that, i have that same issue, but the servers just runs fine. 

Thanks AlexC  and all that helped me get this up and running.

• Like 2