Sign in to follow this  
wkuzma

centos 6.10

update I found that Centos 7 did not like my built in network card (even though it worked in centos 6) I fix the internet by putting in a new card.

There is no option to run a windows based program without wine. 

8 hours ago, wkuzma said:

how are linux users running cod4

usually they don't. cod4 is only available for windows and mac.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dpj said:

usually they don't. cod4 is only available for windows and mac.

my provider never had cod4x  on any server and ran cod4 I had to start it using a   cod4_lnxded file they provided so I guess that is what is confusing me since I did  install the cod4x files on their server but could never get cod4x to work on their Centos 6 (which they had before updating)

I am not trying to run a cod4 server but am confused about running a cod4x server on Linux since I am coming from windows and thought that I had to have cod4 running to get cod4x to run. I will re-read the installation instructions on cod4x.me and try again once again

Edited by wkuzma

6 minutes ago, wkuzma said:

cod4_lnxded

the (stock cod4) server is available for linux, the game isn't.

Yes, as dpj said, CoD4 dedicated server is available in linux, im running CentOS 7 on my server, with cod4x just fine. Any questions, let us know. 

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

Yes, as dpj said, CoD4 dedicated server is available in linux, im running CentOS 7 on my server, with cod4x just fine. Any questions, let us know. 

I installed the server but when I run it I get

walt@cc452692-centos cod4]$ ./cod4x18_dedrun +map mp_killhouse
./cod4x18_dedrun: ./libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./cod4x18_dedrun)
./cod4x18_dedrun: ./libstdc++.so.6: no version information available (required by ./cod4x18_dedrun)
./cod4x18_dedrun: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not found (required by ./libstdc++.so.6)
[walt@cc452692-centos cod4]$

and no server lol

I did what the instructions said in the cod4x.me  extracted the linux files placed them in a directory I named cod4

copied  the main and zone directories and ran it

in the cod4 directory are the following files and directories

cod4x18_dedrun_DEBUG  libstdc++.so.6  README.linux  steam_api.so    wargames
cod4x18_dedrun    libgcc_s.so.1          main          runtime        steamclient.so  zone

Edited by wkuzma

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

btw where do I get the cod4 dedicated server in linux files and if possible is there an rpm file for them?

btw my server provider and my test computer have centos 7 on them

Edited by wkuzma

45 minutes ago, wkuzma said:

./cod4x18_dedrun: /lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.3' not found (required by ./libstdc++.so.6)

you need a compatible libstdc and libgcc library. those are c/c++ standard libraries available on all systems, the GCC_3.3 is an internal (minimal) version the used library has to fulfill at minimum. currently you are loading the /libstdc++.so.6 provided by us which requires libgcc_s.so with GCC_3.3. 

16 hours ago, wkuzma said:

I am coming from windows and thought that I had to have cod4 running to get cod4x to run. I will re-read the installation instructions on cod4x.me and try again once again

no you don't. just try to get our cod4x18_dedrun running. i'm not familiar with centos but i think you should try to get a compatible libgcc on your system (with GCC_3.3). 

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm.html

this *might* be what you're looking for.

You need the 32 bit libstdc++ and libc6 as well. Open up google and search for multilib centos7

Usually can be done: yum install libstdc++:i386 libc6:i386

Edited by AlexC

Also you might need the libstdc++-dev:i386 and libc6-dev:i386

8 hours ago, dpj said:

no you don't. just try to get our cod4x18_dedrun running. i'm not familiar with centos but i think you should try to get a compatible libgcc on your system (with GCC_3.3). 

https://centos.pkgs.org/7/centos-x86_64/libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm.html

this *might* be what you're looking for.

yum install libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks
Examining libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm: libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686
Marking libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm to be installed
Package libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686 already installed and latest version
libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm: does not update installed package.
Error: Nothing to do

seems its already there

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

Also you might need the libstdc++-dev:i386 and libc6-dev:i386 

I tried getting them installed but it kept giving an error saying use --skip etc

3 hours ago, wkuzma said:

I tried getting them installed but it kept giving an error saying use --skip etc

probably because they don't exist. posting the full error message might help.

yum install libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm
Examining libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm: libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686
Marking libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm to be installed
Package libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686 already installed and latest version
libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm: does not update installed package.

seems its already there

i just downloaded it myself and checked what's inside. http://mirror.centos.org/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/libgcc-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm

(you can unzip the rpm instead of installing it for testing)

image.png.be27bf50ebc97cc758b93822b9a2e58c.png

you can see that the required GCC version IS supported. so this lib should definitely work for you.

i've attached the lib to the post directly so you can access it more easily. 

rename it to "libgcc_s.so.1" and put it into your server folder.

libgcc_s-4.8.5-20150702.so.1

Edit, I found your packages, I just checked now the correct packages:

yum install glibc:i686 glibc-devel:i686 libstdc++:i686 libstdc++-devel:i686

Then the CoD4x server should start normally.

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

thanks all who are helping

once I get the server working on my test computer I will be asking questions on getting the paid one to work.

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

[root@cc452692-centos walt]# yum install glibc:i686 glibc-devel:i686 libstdc++:i686 libstdc++-devel:i686
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
epel/x86_64/metalink                                     |  13 kB     00:00     
 * base: mirror.math.princeton.edu
 * elrepo: ftp.osuosl.org
 * epel: epel.mirror.constant.com
 * extras: mirror.math.princeton.edu
 * updates: mirror.math.princeton.edu
base                                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00     
elrepo                                                   | 2.9 kB     00:00     
epel                                                     | 4.7 kB     00:00     
extras                                                   | 3.4 kB     00:00     
updates                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00     
(1/3): epel/x86_64/updateinfo                              | 951 kB   00:00     
(2/3): updates/7/x86_64/primary_db                         | 1.3 MB   00:18     
(3/3): epel/x86_64/primary_db                              | 6.5 MB   00:24     
No package glibc:i686 available.
No package glibc-devel:i686 available.
No package libstdc++:i686 available.
No package libstdc++-devel:i686 available.
[root@cc452692-centos walt]#

maybe I do not have the repo installed that you do

6 hours ago, dpj said:

you can see that the required GCC version IS supported. so this lib should definitely work for you.

i've attached the lib to the post directly so you can access it more easily. 

rename it to "libgcc_s.so.1" and put it into your server folder.

libgcc_s-4.8.5-20150702.so.1

I did what you say and it overwrote a libgcc_s.so.1 that was already in the server I still get the error

[walt@cc452692-centos cod4]$ ./cod4x18_dedrun +map mp_killhouse
[walt@cc452692-centos cod4]$

I used that command line since I am just trying to get it to work

BTW I used the main and zone files from my windows installed Cod4x server and then the linux server files from the main page and allowed it to overwrite any file necessary

Please allow me time to bang my head against the keyboard to calm down lol

Edited by wkuzma

I did what you say and it overwrote a libgcc_s.so.1 that was already in the server I still get the error

that's .. dangerous. you should have copied it only into the cod4 server directory xD 

are you sure it is loading the shared libraries from the paths you expect it to? did you check with ldd?

Fukin hell, always typo error.. Sry again my bad, try this command firstly:

yum install glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i686 libstdc++.i686 libstdc++-devel.i686

This must work. As you can see i changed the ":" to ".", thats why it didn't work..
But if you screwed up your whole installation, better to start a fresh one with reinstall all.

8 hours ago, AlexC said:

Fukin hell, always typo error.. Sry again my bad, try this command firstly:

yum install glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i686 libstdc++.i686 libstdc++-devel.i686

This must work. As you can see i changed the ":" to ".", thats why it didn't work..
But if you screwed up your whole installation, better to start a fresh one with reinstall all.

ok it worked I will post the whole process - I still get the error see end of post

note I had to login as su to run the install but tried to run the serer not as root

[walt@cc452692-centos ~]$ su
Password:
[root@cc452692-centos walt]# yum install glibc.i686 glibc-devel.i686 libstdc++.i686 libstdc++-devel.i686
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
epel/x86_64/metalink                                     |  17 kB     00:00     
 * base: mirror.math.princeton.edu
 * elrepo: ftp.osuosl.org
 * epel: fedora-epel.mirrors.tds.net
 * extras: mirror.math.princeton.edu
 * updates: mirror.math.princeton.edu
base                                                     | 3.6 kB     00:00     
elrepo                                                   | 2.9 kB     00:00     
epel                                                     | 4.7 kB     00:00     
extras                                                   | 3.4 kB     00:00     
updates                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00     
(1/2): epel/x86_64/updateinfo                              | 950 kB   00:03     
(2/2): epel/x86_64/primary_db                              | 6.5 MB   00:05     
Package glibc-2.17-260.el7.i686 already installed and latest version
Package libstdc++-4.8.5-36.el7.i686 already installed and latest version
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package glibc-devel.i686 0:2.17-260.el7 will be installed
---> Package libstdc++-devel.i686 0:4.8.5-36.el7 will be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

================================================================================
 Package                 Arch         Version                Repository    Size
================================================================================
Installing:
 glibc-devel             i686         2.17-260.el7           base         1.1 M
 libstdc++-devel         i686         4.8.5-36.el7           base         1.5 M

Transaction Summary
Install  2 Packages

Total download size: 2.6 M
Installed size: 8.9 M
Is this ok [y/d/N]: y
Downloading packages:
(1/2): glibc-devel-2.17-260.el7.i686.rpm                   | 1.1 MB   00:01     
(2/2): libstdc++-devel-4.8.5-36.el7.i686.rpm               | 1.5 MB   00:16     
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                              160 kB/s | 2.6 MB  00:16     
Running transaction check
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded
Running transaction
  Installing : libstdc++-devel-4.8.5-36.el7.i686                            1/2
  Installing : glibc-devel-2.17-260.el7.i686                                2/2
  Verifying  : glibc-devel-2.17-260.el7.i686                                1/2
  Verifying  : libstdc++-devel-4.8.5-36.el7.i686                            2/2

Installed:
  glibc-devel.i686 0:2.17-260.el7      libstdc++-devel.i686 0:4.8.5-36.el7     

Complete!

here I try to run server as root (not a good idea but wanted to see results)

[root@cc452692-centos walt]# cd cod4
[root@cc452692-centos cod4]# ./cod4x18_dedrun +map mp_killhouse
[root@cc452692-centos cod4]#

here I try to run the server not as root same results

[walt@cc452692-centos ~]$ cd cod4x
[walt@cc452692-centos cod4x]$ ./cod4x18_dedrun +map mp_killhouse
[walt@cc452692-centos cod4x]$

I am at a loss

What centos is that? Still 6? If yes, copy the runtime libs from the rumtime lib to your cod4 root folder