INeedGames

[Release] Bot Warfare

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trmafya said:

Hello. How to add bots to usermaps? I added bot to my cod4 server. no problem with stock maps. But only 2 bots join the game on usermaps. sample favela and nuketown maps.

I found the only usermap that the bots work correctly is mp_nuketown

I think its because he included that map in the _custom_map.gsc in waypoints

I have not been able to find the waypoints for other custom maps

Edited by wkuzma

On 11/23/2019 at 3:35 PM, Micha1960 said:

Hallo hab da mal eine Frage kann man die bots auch spezielle Namen geben z.b. bot1=mike1610 usw

Hi there's a question you can give the bots synonymous special name z.b. bot1 = mike1610 etc

Hello
do you know where you can add a bot name?

thx

1 hour ago, Micha1960 said:

hello no unfortunately I do not know where I can enter a bot name, that's why I post here. Cod4x have had an update since then the botnames.txt no longer works! I used this file before the update, but now it no longer works
LG Micha

it works on my system  I placed the botnames.txt in the mod directory of the mod I run

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Micha1960 said:

Thank you for the quick answer! I put the botnames in the mod folder but unfortunately unchanged, no names 185.27.153.113:28960
LG Micha

did you put the bots control section in your server config?

this is what I have in my server.cfg

set bots_team "autoassign"

set bots_team_amount "10"
set bots_team_mode "0" // 0 = ????????? ????, 1 = ?????
set bots_manage_fill_mode "0" // 0 will consider both players and bots. 1 will only consider bots
set bots_manage_fill "10" //an integer amount of players/bots (depends on bots_manage_fill_mode) to retain on the server, it will automatically add bots to fill player space.
set bots_manage_fill_kick "1" //a boolean value (0 or 1)
set bots_manage_fill_spec "0"  //a boolean value (0 or 1), whether or not if the server should consider players who are on the spectator team when filling player space.
set bots_team_force "0" //(0 or 1), whether or not if the server should enforce periodically the bot's team?
set bots_skill "3" //0 will be mixed difficultly 1 will be the most easy 2-6 will be in between most easy and most hard 7 will be the most hard. 8 will be custom.
set bots_loadout_allow_op "1" // whether or not if the bots are allowed to use jug, marty and laststand.
set bots_loadout_reasonable "1"// bots should filter out bad create a class selections//new
set bots_manage_add 4 // an integer amount of bots to add to the game, resets to 0 once the bots have been added.
//new

set bots_skill_axis_hard "1" //- an integer amount of hard bots on the axis team.
set bots_skill_axis_med "1" //- an integer amount of medium bots on the axis team.
set bots_skill_allies_hard "1" //- an integer amount of hard bots on the allies team.
set bots_skill_allies_med "1" //- an integer amount of medium bots on the allies team, if bots_skill is 8 (custom). The remaining bots on the team will become easy bots.
//for example: having 5 bots on the allies team, 'bots_skill_allies_hard 2' and 'bots_skill_allies_med 2' will have 2 hard bots, 2 medium bots, and 1 easy bot on the allies team

Edited by wkuzma
  • Like 1

I can't seem to get any bots on stock maps at all on the server. What am I doing wrong here?
I put the "main_shared" folder on the root directory of our cod4x server. Then in the config file I added this:

set bots_manage_add "10"
set bots_manage_fill "10"
set bots_manage_fill_mode "0"
set bots_manage_fill_kick "1"
set bots_manage_fill_spec "0"
set bots_team_force "1"
set bots_team_mode "0"
set bots_skill "0"
set bots_loadout_reasonable "1"
set bots_loadout_allow_op "0"

Hey guys, an issue i have: When i first start up the mod, load a match and insert bots, i am in a team alright, everyone shows on the minimap, UAVs etc work fine. But when i quit that first lobby and start a new one, i'm automatically placed as a spectator playing for a team, everyone shows as an enemy, can't see UAV, care packages and i get jammed by teammates' scrambler. Is there a way to always be put on a team other than having to completely restart the game?

On 5/31/2020 at 1:05 AM, wkuzma said:

did you put the bots control section in your server config?

this is what I have in my server.cfg

set bots_team_amount "10"
set bots_team_mode "0" // 0 = ????????? ????, 1 = ?????
set bots_manage_fill_mode "0" // 0 will consider both players and bots. 1 will only consider bots
set bots_manage_fill "10" //an integer amount of players/bots (depends on bots_manage_fill_mode) to retain on the server, it will automatically add bots to fill player space.
set bots_manage_fill_kick "1" //a boolean value (0 or 1)
set bots_manage_fill_spec "0"  //a boolean value (0 or 1), whether or not if the server should consider players who are on the spectator team when filling player space.
set bots_team_force "0" //(0 or 1), whether or not if the server should enforce periodically the bot's team?
set bots_skill "3" //0 will be mixed difficultly 1 will be the most easy 2-6 will be in between most easy and most hard 7 will be the most hard. 8 will be custom.
set bots_loadout_allow_op "1" // whether or not if the bots are allowed to use jug, marty and laststand.
set bots_loadout_reasonable "1"// bots should filter out bad create a class selections//new
set bots_manage_add 4 // an integer amount of bots to add to the game, resets to 0 once the bots have been added.
//new

set bots_skill_axis_hard "1" //- an integer amount of hard bots on the axis team.
set bots_skill_axis_med "1" //- an integer amount of medium bots on the axis team.
set bots_skill_allies_hard "1" //- an integer amount of hard bots on the allies team.
set bots_skill_allies_med "1" //- an integer amount of medium bots on the allies team, if bots_skill is 8 (custom). The remaining bots on the team will become easy bots.
//for example: having 5 bots on the allies team, 'bots_skill_allies_hard 2' and 'bots_skill_allies_med 2' will have 2 hard bots, 2 medium bots, and 1 easy bot on the allies team

do you have discord, might need your help

4 hours ago, idonthack1337 said:

do you have discord, might need your help

no I don't.

sorry

I have tried that too but just gave up on it. Ended up shutting off the server as most players gave up on this game.  I do have a gamer discord if anybody wants to join it's at http://discord.io/cobraden