Sign in to follow this  
xoxor4d

mp_strike_2 release

10_title2.jpg

Rebuild from scratch by measuring each and every brush on the original strike map. Using Textures and models from Modern Warfare Remastered and WW2. Map size ~ 230mb (high res textures) Supporting all stock gamemodes. Missing pezbots waypoints tho.

Download it over at:

https://www.moddb.com/games/call-of-duty-4-modern-warfare/addons/mp-strike-2

http://www.cfgfactory.com/downloads/show/5c20b96bad97d

Mirror: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MEdOEB455D6OvrxT5yvtKL9imB6Ch4i9

@ Bouncepatch.com // Strike 2 - V1.0 //
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/dreamzyyy/
YT Preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7AbX9JgoHc

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Had a little play around, the minor changes you made (the alley towards houses for example) are really nice! Shame about the file size however its amazing :D

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Koaja said:

Had a little play around, the minor changes you made (the alley towards houses for example) are really nice! Shame about the file size however its amazing :D

ty :)

yeah higher res textures do take up a lot of space. even more if they aren't really compressed .. reduced everything I could tho without losing that much visual fidelity :D

• Like 1

@xoxor4d sadly didn't worked with Frontlines, I got an overflow error.

Please let me know if this is possible.

Why don't you release the same map with the original textures, so no "new textures" will be added to the game (or at least less as possible), so most of the mods will be able to play it.

Then release an IWD with your new Hi-Res to update COD4 textures, not only to this map, to all maps. Would be a Re-Texture project. It's just use the SAME names they will be loaded instead.

Or at least one just for this map.

I did that long time ago for Quake 2, dunno if will work to COD4.

Amazing map! Loved the changes! Sadly I will not be able to play it. :(

3 minutes ago, Hajas said:

Why don't you release the same map with the original textures, so no "new textures" will be added to the game (or at least less as possible), so most of the mods will be able to play it.

Then release an IWD with your new Hi-Res to update COD4 textures, not only to this map, to all maps. Would be a Re-Texture project. It's just use the SAME names they will be loaded instead.

Most people will be in agreeance with not being able ot play it on servers, mostly down to the file size (which is really sad because its fucking gorgeous and the changes are nice) maybe this is a nice compromise but idk how much work it requires (And I wouldn't ask if it was a serious amount of work) 

That's the point, with what I requested the map will be very small since will have very few textures since will use stock ones.

And releasing the textures with the same name as the originals in a separeted IWD will make the use of them optional, and we will have the SAME result but will be able to play in any mod and if you don't want your clients to download a large file, don't use the new textures, simple as it.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, Hajas said:

On 1/16/2019 at 10:05 PM, Koaja said:

Most people will be in agreeance with not being able ot play it on servers, mostly down to the file size (which is really sad because its fucking gorgeous and the changes are nice) maybe this is a nice compromise but idk how much work it requires (And I wouldn't ask if it was a serious amount of work) 

Using stock textures and providing an iwd with texture replacements wont work or at least not look good because of the wrong texture scaling that would occur. I also think that the "world" textures are not a problem at all because I limited myself to only a handful of textures.

I would say that ~70% of the file size comes from new xmodels where some of them use up to 3 materials, each with a diffuse, normal and spec map ..
Most of the models have a diffuse and normalmap of 1024 with a spec / cos map of 512 if it is detailed or 256 if its just minimal details or almost not reflective. ( original mwr / ww2 diffuse, normal and spec maps were 2048 :o )

If you really wanted to you could just grab the iwi`s from the iwd and convert them to dds, resize the diffuse / normal maps to 512 and reconvert to iwi.

This would cut the file size almost in half i guess

On 1/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, xoxor4d said:

Using stock textures and providing an iwd with texture replacements wont work or at least not look good because of the wrong texture scaling that would occur. I also think that the "world" textures are not a problem at all because I limited myself to only a handful of textures.

I would say that ~70% of the file size comes from new xmodels where some of them use up to 3 materials, each with a diffuse, normal and spec map ..
Most of the models have a diffuse and normalmap of 1024 with a spec / cos map of 512 if it is detailed or 256 if its just minimal details or almost not reflective. ( original mwr / ww2 diffuse, normal and spec maps were 2048 :o )

Dunno if work with COD4, but in Quake if you remake a texture with just keeping the proportion will work fine but with hi-res. For exemple if the original is 256x256 you can replace for one 2048x2048 and will fit perfectly.

The crashing is because the materials limit, I thought you were adding new textures, so you need a material to each new one, but if is really the new xmodels that are requiring so much materials, without shrink that your map sadly will only be played with tiny mods, probably that didn't added any new material. I don't care about the file size, but I would love to be able to played with Frontlines one day.

Maybe a light version release I recommend. :D

1 minute ago, Hajas said:

Dunno if work with COD4, but in Quake if you remake a texture with just keeping the proportion will work fine but with hi-res. For exemple if the original is 256x256 you can replace for one 2048x2048 and will fit perfectly. 

That's because UV coordinats are normalized. No matter what textures' sizes, (0, 0) is top-left point, (0.5, 0.5) is the center and (1, 1) is right-bottom point on each texture.

2 minutes ago, Hajas said:

The crashing is because the materials limit, I thought you were adding new textures, so you need a material to each new one, but if is really the new xmodels that are requiring so much materials, without shrink that your map sadly will only be played with tiny mods, probably that didn't added any new material. I don't care about the file size, but I would love to be able to played with Frontlines one day.

You can increase amount of space for materials. @dpj can tell you how.

23 minutes ago, T-Max said:

That's because UV coordinats are normalized. No matter what textures' sizes, (0, 0) is top-left point, (0.5, 0.5) is the center and (1, 1) is right-bottom point on each texture.

You can increase amount of space for materials. @dpj can tell you how.

Very interesting! I would like to know that too! 

1 hour ago, T-Max said:

@dpj can tell you how.

i dont really know how that works. @Fraggy would be the one to ask.

Any idea why I am unable to test this on my server? mp_crash_2 works perfectly without a mod but when I try this one it gets stuck in a download loop, I delete the map upload and the fast redirect and then reuploaded it to test but still having same issue

Nice map. Looks great. 

Don't listen to those bitching about size, what do you expect from high quality textures? Download more RAM...

• Like 1

On 4/16/2019 at 6:33 PM, blowoff said:

Thanks,looks amazing and work perfect on my server! 

Can you help or tell me what I am doing wrong with getting it to work on my server? I have deleted the map from the server and redownloaded it to make sure filesizes matched up with my game and the server but I am still getting the same issue, the map just gets stuck in a download loop even though I have the map already downloaded, same name and same size.

As I stated previously Crash 2 works flawlessly on the server, I just can't seem to get strike enabled