Sign in to follow this  
Night

CL_CGameNeedsServerCommand Problem

Hello everyone,

I have question about this problem. On my server people always getting this dvar CL_CGameNeedsServerCommand after downloaded mod. Is there any solution to make "BUTTON" = Reconnect 

image.thumb.png.c99f92c765988dc101897b0436ba3b38.png

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

@Night

Edited by Night

On 12/11/2018 at 10:28 PM, dpj said:

no, dont use trashy mods i guess.

I think it happens without trashy mods.

In my experience, I have this problem in the clients only when I'm using the same stance to run the dedicated server and the client I'm playing. I'm doing this while in development only.

Happens when:

• Change Maps
  • Fast Restart
  • Map Restart

If the server is not used as a client we don't have this problem.

I actually attempted to repair this one. However fixing this does now break the game when setclientdvar gets used too early. This error comes up when the server is spamming the client with commands while CGame is not yet running. Especially when there is a spamming server and a client is downloading something there can stack up a lot of commands which get processed once download is finished and CGame is starting to process commands. When there are more than 128 commands waiting the first ones are lost and game aborts with that error.

I guess you spam SetClientDvar() (to unconnected clients) --> Mod is broken!

After I broke now modwarfare and others I have to undo it and you will keep having the problem "A reliable command has cycled out".

There is no fix without breaking backward compatibility with some mods.

The only real fix I can imagine about it is to let the script engine know about the client after it is ready to receive first snapshot.

However this breaks compatibility with older servers.

2 hours ago, Fraggy said:

I actually attempted to repair this one. However fixing this does now break the game when setclientdvar gets used too early. This error comes up when the server is spamming the client with commands while CGame is not yet running. Especially when there is a spamming server and a client is downloading something there can stack up a lot of commands which get processed once download is finished and CGame is starting to process commands. When there are more than 128 commands waiting the first ones are lost and game aborts with that error.

I guess you spam SetClientDvar() (to unconnected clients) --> Mod is broken!

After I broke now modwarfare and others I have to undo it and you will keep having the problem "A reliable command has cycled out".

There is no fix without breaking backward compatibility with some mods.

The only real fix I can imagine about it is to let the script engine know about the client after it is ready to receive first snapshot.

However this breaks compatibility with older servers.

So please rowback! It is not working and this is an acceptable problem, if not possible to fix no problem, but the game broken and also break back compability it is not worthy. will divide and bury the community.

Suggestion: Since it's a known problem, and seams complex to fix, so why not send a reconnect command to each client when the msg error would be this one? Or since it's a client problem only, make the clients reconnect when receive this problem?

I'll do it in Frontlines, but would be better not depend on mods for a fix, specially that not many mods will be updated just to fix it.

Cheers

There is a cvar which disconnects the clients when downloading via WWW. This is probably a good workaround.