Strinqx

How to add a kniferound in PromodX ?

Hello, first of all I'm a big noob to these things. I want to learn scripting and all that stuff. I want to add a knife round (at the start of the map) to my PromodX server. Where and how do i do that ? Thanks

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum lmao)

what's promodX bc I only know default promod and that option is in custom_public.gsc

setDvar( "promod_kniferound", 0 ); // [0-1] (sd only)

17 hours ago, Klauser said:

what's promodX bc I only know default promod and that option is in custom_public.gsc

setDvar( "promod_kniferound", 0 ); // [0-1] (sd only)

well, promodX is basically promod with another menu. Thanks for the answer. I changed kniferound to 1, but I still get the normal weapons and can shoot with them in the kniferound, eventhough they don't do damage. Do you maybe know how to force every player to get a deagle with 0 bullets at the start of the kniferound ? Thanks 

2 hours ago, Strinqx said:

well, promodX is basically promod with another menu. Thanks for the answer. I changed kniferound to 1, but I still get the normal weapons and can shoot with them in the kniferound, eventhough they don't do damage. Do you maybe know how to force every player to get a deagle with 0 bullets at the start of the kniferound ? Thanks 

here is how you can take all weapons and give only a pistol and knife in a gsx file - however I do not know how to call this only for for the knife round you talk about or do I know how to take away the bullets - but maybe this will get you on track to do it. Maybe someone will post how to take away the bullets for that pistol.

self waittill("weapon_change", weapon);
self TakeAllWeapons();     /// clear player weapons
self GiveWeapon("deserteagle_mp");
self SetSpawnWeapon("deserteagle_mp" ); /// this spawns the weapon