Giovanni

B3 is not responding to commands

I'm using cod4x18 parser, legacyguid tried to switch it to 0 and 1 none of them works, tried older versions of b3 same thing, logfile already set to 2, ALL MY GUIDS ARE 0 AND I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING ONLINE EXCEPT THE ORIGINAL TOPIC CLAMING TO FIND THE ANSWER IN MANY POSTS. HELP MY MY MENTAL SANITY MAY BE AT RISK!

The only error that i get when i try to cast a command is this:

181124 17:39:35 DEBUG 'No client - attempt join'

Please help me i'm having a mental breakdown

Edited by Giovanni

i suggest you find out what b3 expects to read in the game_mp.log and what's actually there. once we know that we might be able to help.

14 minutes ago, dpj said:

i suggest you find out what b3 expects to read in the game_mp.log and what's actually there. once we know that we might be able to help.

See the complete log here: https://pastebin.com/QDCngycF

As u can see from line 687 to 705 i'm trying the commands

Edited by Giovanni

19 minutes ago, dpj said:

i suggest you find out what b3 expects to read in the game_mp.log and what's actually there

that was part 2. what's supposed to be there? 

that's nothing but confusing. cut out the parts showing a working AND a not working authentication. 

2 minutes ago, dpj said:

that's nothing but confusing. cut out the parts showing a working AND a not working authentication. 

What you mean? Uploading the log part when b3 starts up?

in your first pastebin link you mentioned to look at this part. it shows a player joining, but somehow b3 is failing to read the players information. at least that's how i interpret the logfile. as you mentioned in your inital posting, you suspect the guids arent correct. we can see that b3 is getting the 64 bit playerids in the screenshot below. since i do not know what b3 expects i asked you to post a working example earlier. i also dont know what the "cod4x18 parser" is, might be that you can find out what the expected guid format is by reading it's code.

i dont know what the 2nd logfile is you posted, but it looks entirely different to me. 

image.png.0b32f43ab9848c03911108639b2aeb20.png

10 minutes ago, dpj said:

in your first pastebin link you mentioned to look at this part. it shows a player joining, but somehow b3 is failing to read the players information. at least that's how i interpret the logfile. as you mentioned in your inital posting, you suspect the guids arent correct. we can see that b3 is getting the 64 bit playerids in the screenshot below. since i do not know what b3 expects i asked you to post a working example earlier. i also dont know what the "cod4x18 parser" is, might be that you can find out what the expected guid format is by reading it's code.

i dont know what the 2nd logfile is you posted, but it looks entirely different to me. 

image.png.0b32f43ab9848c03911108639b2aeb20.png

The cod4x18 parser is the parser made for b3 to work with cod4x correctly.
This is what the parsers needs
image.png.d9c9f45c403253ea7add05600b0c91d7.png

I have adjusted it to 19 from 32, since i found a post talking about it but the error still the same, also i keep not understanding what i need to post, u mentioned a working example, the problem is that the b3 is not working at all! It just keeps fail to "recive/cast/whatever" the command. Also that's line 618, i mentioned from line 687 to 705

Edited by Giovanni

i assumed you had it working with a previous cod4x version earlier as i have seen "Ohh Rexy<3" in your logs assuming that's "Rexnworld" on this forum who was recently whining about his b3 not working either. 

either way, i was looking for an answer to the question what b3 is expecting there. i suppose it would be best if you just read the b3 source code and checkout where is going wrong. as far as i can see, the guid being the problem is just an assumption.

1 minute ago, dpj said:

i assumed you had it working with a previous cod4x version earlier as i have seen "Ohh Rexy<3" in your logs assuming that's "Rexnworld" on this forum who was recently whining about his b3 not working either. 

either way, i was looking for an answer to the question what b3 is expecting there. i suppose it would be best if you just read the b3 source code and checkout where is going wrong. as far as i can see, the guid being the problem is just an assumption.

I am not Rexnworld i never made b3 working on my server. I'm just looking if i can fix this problem, as far as i know the b3 to work proerly needs a working guid, but as u can see the guids are all set to 0

1 minute ago, Giovanni said:

Yep, that's it, however the error is throwed by cod4.py

what error. i haven't seen any thrown exceptions in your logfiles.

1 minute ago, dpj said:

aha, yeah that's just an error message. does it lead you to an expection? i guess you can backtrace the responsible code for that in b3. if i had to guess, i would say that the regex expressions (defined here: https://github.com/leiizko/b3_cod4x/blob/master/cod4x18.py#L47) are causing the issue. 

No specific exception is being thrown by nothing. What do i need to do? change the regex expressions?

I don't know if this cod4x parser will help since I use it on b3 1.9.2  but maybe you can try and see if it helps

it would be best to delete the b3 log when you change the parser to see if it helps.

cod4x.zip

Just now, wkuzma said:

I don't know if this cod4x parser will help since I use it on b3 1.9.2  but maybe you can try and see if it helps

it would be best to delete the b3 log when you change the parser to see if it helps.

cod4x.zip

Absolutley, i will try it.

4 minutes ago, wkuzma said:

cod4x.zip

same thing

image.thumb.png.6d1c711695dcce1740ba1878a3028548.png

I have my b3 log level set <set name="log_level">21</set>

Ok here is what I would do to try to find the problem - delete the b3 log to start with, then again after each test.

1. run b3 with only the admin plugin loaded comment all other plugins with <!-- before the plugin and --> after the plugin.

2 start b3 and see if the error is still in the log with just the admin plugin. if its gone start the tests at 3 below

if its still there then check your game log settings

mine are

// Log Settings
set g_logsync "2"         // 0=no log, 1=buffered, 2=continuous, 3=append
set logfile "1"           // 0 = NO log, 1 = log file enabled
set g_log "games_mp.log"  // Name of log file, default is games_mp.log
set sv_log_damage "1"

3. enable each plugin one at at time to see if you get the error.

Just now, wkuzma said:

Ok here is what I would do to try to find the problem - delete the b3 log to start with, then again after each test.

1. run b3 with only the admin plugin loaded comment all other plugins with <!-- before the plugin and --> after the plugin.

2 start b3 and see if the error is still in the log with just the admin plugin. if its gone start the tests at 3 below

mine are

// Log Settings
set sv_log_damage "1"

Alright, i'll try now, thanks for your help

6 minutes ago, wkuzma said:

mine are

// Log Settings
set sv_log_damage "1"

Unfourtunatley, still the same thing with only admin plugin enabled
image.thumb.png.9e350ef5e12be5457908eaf79deee65e.png