Sign in to follow this  
winter

Configure b3 to allow admin commands to clients with clan tags?

Is this possible?

Like is there a way to configure b3 so that admin commands only work if a client is wearing a clan tag?

2 hours ago, winter said:

Is this possible?

Like is there a way to configure b3 so that admin commands only work if a client is wearing a clan tag?

I guess with a b3 plugin it could be done but I haven't seen any of those on the internet and I am not knowledgeable enough to make one .. lol

Edited by wkuzma

2 hours ago, wkuzma said:

Thanks DPJ

If youre thinking something let me know, I don't know much about this territory lol

3 hours ago, winter said:

If youre thinking something let me know, I don't know much about this territory lol

lol no I wasn't thinking of anything  just thanking dpj

5 minutes ago, winter said:

Hi @dpj can you further elaborate? xD

sure, you could use a gsc script to check if the player is member of a certain steam group with that function. you would of course need to somehow pass that information to b3. i think b3 is parsing the logfiles, right? so just writing from gsc to the logfile would be a way to do that.

Well, why not just put them in the mod/admin group on the condition that they wear tags?

You're thinking of a complicated solution to an easy problem.

On a side note though, someone with some python knowledge could look at the auth.py and add to it so that only players with certain string range in ".self" use the !auth command and therefore, only those could be able to log in and use b3 commands.

2 hours ago, masonjarrr said:

Well, why not just put them in the mod/admin group on the condition that they wear tags?

You're thinking of a complicated solution to an easy problem.

On a side note though, someone with some python knowledge could look at the auth.py and add to it so that only players with certain string range in ".self" use the !auth command and therefore, only those could be able to log in and use b3 commands.

its a tradeoff between convenience to use and coding effort. clans most of the time have a steam group anyways, which eliminates additional effort to manually add admins on b3 or whatever is used for server administration and remove the need to login manually for the admins.

• Like 1

The server I run, we don't have a steam group and I've set steam names to be disabled via sv_nosteamnames 

Because sometimes I prefer to change my name in game without changing my steam name and having steam online etc.

I have a b3 clan tag protection plugin but likewise I would like a way possible to allow admins to only have access to their commands providing that they have the clan tag within the server. Any ideas how can I achieve this?

13 hours ago, winter said:

The server I run, we don't have a steam group and I've set steam names to be disabled via sv_nosteamnames 

Because sometimes I prefer to change my name in game without changing my steam name and having steam online etc.

I have a b3 clan tag protection plugin but likewise I would like a way possible to allow admins to only have access to their commands providing that they have the clan tag within the server. Any ideas how can I achieve this?

dont think b3 supports that. 

code it if you want it.