Sign in to follow this  
saleem zaman

server showing problem

hey guys,

my server is running perfectly but its showing only on Internet atvi but not on internet cod4x servers list.

please help me ho i get my server to cod4x list.

we are in the process of making our masterserver a bit more robust against malicious servers. the authentication process has already been integrated into the masterserver. unless you are running your server on an IP that is already know on our masterserver, your server will currently not show up there.

only a few hours ago we have completed the first build of the new server version. you can get that directly on github if you want to give it a try. 
https://github.com/callofduty4x/CoD4x_Server/releases/tag/v17.6.2

to show the server on our masterserver an authentication token is required. you can get your token on https://cod4master.cod4x.me

dVXl8aL.png

(an unlimited steam account is required)

after you have a token you can run your server

./cod4x18_dedrun +set sv_maxclients 32 +set net_port 29000 +map mp_killhouse +set sv_authtoken "AS91283AKJLDtokenstringfromwebsite"

EDIT: keep in mind this version is not fully tested, but if you are going to give it a try, we would appreciate the feedback.

• Thanks 1

just a question 

on the new setup did you eliminate the ip6 connection that used to show on the list

or is it strictly for ip4 connections now.

Reason I ask is I too am not not showing on the cod4x internal list on the game but used to show on that list with the ip6 address

However I show on the https://cod4master.cod4x.me  with only the ip4 addresses

I would like to know so I can remove the +set_net ip6 address from my command line if it will no longer be used.

Servers are supposed to showup with IPv4 and IPv6.

However this works only when your IPv6 address is also whitelisted. About 4 days ago I did extract a list of all active cod4 server's IP addresses and built the whitelist from it. This is a snapshot. However when your IPv6 address is dynamic it will not show anymore.

5 hours ago, Fraggy said:

Servers are supposed to showup with IPv4 and IPv6.

However this works only when your IPv6 address is also whitelisted. About 4 days ago I did extract a list of all active cod4 server's IP addresses and built the whitelist from it. This is a snapshot. However when your IPv6 address is dynamic it will not show anymore.

thanks I know mine is dynamic so I will remove the +set_net ip6 address from my command line

4 hours ago, wkuzma said:

thanks I know mine is dynamic so I will remove the +set_net ip6 address from my command line

In that case you should never ever enable it. Because if someone adds that address to favorites it will be gone as soon as your address has changed.

Remove the +set_net ip6 will probably not help. You better put +set_net ip6 [::1]

31 minutes ago, Fraggy said:

In that case you should never ever enable it. Because if someone adds that address to favorites it will be gone as soon as your address has changed.

Remove the +set_net ip6 will probably not help. You better put +set_net ip6 [::1]

just curious why the ::1 ?

never mind I looked it up on the internet and understand its the localhost address like 127.0.0.1 but for ip6 

but you are right when it changes so will the favorite be gone.

Edited by wkuzma

I will gladly help test the new sever version can you guys post an complied windows version please.